Chapter 5: Slaves of the Empire

"All Pilots get on your fighters, all infantry players get on those LAAT ships and prepare for take off!"

 A female player, equipped with white and purple trimmed Phase 1 Advance Recon Commander armor, and a Purple trimmed Kamma, says through the comm system and is heard through out the Venator-class ship. When the order is heard, every pilot player (240) boards their V-9 Torrents while the ground force players (360) grab their weapons, armor, and equipment before rushing down to the hanger bay to board the Low Altitude Assault Transports.

"Hanger bay opening in 5..." All V-9 pilots begin launch of sequence.

"4..." The last of the ground forces get aboard the LAAT ships, each soldier making final preparations on their weapons and equipment.

"3..." The ground units load up the final light vehicles they will be using to stop the imperial march into the city.

"2..." Everything stays silent, nothing makes a sound. everyone waits for the hanger bay doors to open and for the command to be given.

"1. Fist wave of V-9 Torrents launch off!!" ARC Trooper Heather commands. 

The hanger bay doors open, the first wave of V-9 torrents launch off and start flying to the surface of the planet. when the fighters are right below the clouds, a swarm of Tie Interceptors rain fire upon the incoming V-9's. "Evasive maneuvers!" The corporal says, and the players break off, engaging the enemy at sight.  

As the battle begins, Heather approaches a Holo-table that is displaying the aerial battle, and several feet away on both sides of the Holo-table is a blue 50" by 30" long blue transparent screen that is displaying the city below them. "All fighters engage the enemy, make a clear path for the Gunships!" The Commander tells the pilots before switching her comms to speak with the transports.  "Gunships, when you land we need to save those NPCs, no matter what DO NOT shoot those NPCs or any surviving players." Heather commands, her voice strong and firm. She doesn't care if the NPCs can respond or not, but she won't let them die. "Yes commander." All the pilots reply and the V-9 pilots start the dogfight.

"Sir, enemy fighters are holding." A naval officer says.
"Squad 6 has been destroyed!" Officer number 2 informs.
"Gunships are ready for deployment." the third officer on deck tells Heather.
Heather looks at the hologram being displayed and thinks about the solution to this problem. "Bring squads 1 and 8 to the left flank, tell the gunships to deploy and that squads 3,4, and 7 will be protecting them" Heather orders
"Yes sir." the fourth officer says as he relays the orders.
Once the orders where received, 15 LAAT gunships took off and descends to the surface.
-----
Inside a gunship a beeping noise is heard. A male player with white and purple striped phase 1 clone armor picks up his handheld hologram projector and answers. "Yes?" the clone trooper asks cockily. "Max," she replied with an annoyed to, "turn your gunship around, I got an emergency beacon from that beta bastard. Save his skin and make it quick." Heather ends the transmission and sends coordinates to the South Gate. "You heard the commander pilot! Turn this ship around and land us near the south gate." Max says as the ships breaks off and flies to the gate. The pilot opens the door and Max takes a peek outside. "Land us now pilot!!" Max yells through his comm system so the pilot can hear. "Yes sergeant. Landing now" he replies as the gunship lowers of the ground. "All soldiers, break into your squads and look for the beta player." Max says as he and 23 other players get off the gunship and start the search for the Mandalorian.
     "Keep your eyes peeled for those imperials." Max says through the comm system of his helmet
"Sir, we found him. But you need to take a look at this." A player says aloud. "All men go to this location." Max says as all the players go to where Ian has been spotted. Once Max gets their he immediately lowers his weapon and drops his jaw at the sight in front of them. In front of the players are 15 Imperial Scout Trooper corpses all scattered with about 2-4 blast holes on their chest, two AT-ST on laying on the floor destroyed, and in the middle of this chaos stands Ian with his right hand choking an Imperial Scout Trooper, and his left is a Westar-35 pointed at the floor. "What the he-" Max starts, but is interrupted rudely by the mandalorian.

"About time the rescue team arrived." Ian releases his hostage, who drops on the floor gasping for air. Ian responds to the gasping soldier by drawing his right blaster and shoots him in the head, killing the enemy.

"H-how did you take them down!" Max says in shock of the sight bestowed in front of him, and takes a small step back.
"Since the game started a few days ago, I've leveled up. Speed being the highest, then strength, then jump." Ian explains as he walks towards Max.
             Max grabs his hologram projector and calls Heather. "Yes." Heather says, obviously frustrated. "We found the beta player. And he handled his problem pretty well," Max shows Heather the destruction in front of him ,"what do you want me to do with him?" Max asks, unsure of what to do with him . The commanding officer stays quiet for a few seconds before responding. "Bring him to the Cosmo. Then head towards the plaza, our forces are taking a beating and require reinforcements. " Heather ends the transmission. "I heard." the Mandalorian enters the gunship and it takes him to the Cosmo above. "Listen up men! We are headed to the plaza. If you spot any imperials, show them no mercy" Max says as he leads his team towards the plaza
-----
"Sir! Tie Interceptors are retreating but our ground forces are having major casualties!" Officer 1 infroms with a bit of frustrations.
"Estimating about 2 squads of Tie Interceptors left!" The third officer quickly informs.
"Ground forces are requesting reinforcements, what do I tell them!?" Officer fourth says.
Heather stays quiet and doesn't replies.
     "Sir, that beta tester is on the hanger bay." the third officer says.
"Bring him to the bridge." Heather tells the officer, wanting to see the teen aboard.
Several seconds pass before the Mandalorian steps out of the elevator and makes his way to the holo-table. "Need some of my help?" Ian says as he takes off his helmet and placed it on the corner of the table. No one answered back.
     "Sir! Ground forces are about to be shelled by mortars, what are your orders!?" The fourth officer asks. "Send in a bombing squad to destroy those mortars. Gunships load up all the players and NPCs and return to the cosmo!" Ian commands. "You're not our commanding officer, we do not take orders from some-" officer 4 gets interrupted by two fist being slammed into the holo-table. "Do as he says." Heather reluctantly gives Ian command as she picks up her fist from the table. "Yes. . . sir." the fourth officer says as he relays the orders.

-----

Once the bombers finish their run, everyone boards the LAATs, following the directive Ian gave. As soon as everyone is inside the Gunships, they start to take off and fly towards the Cosmo, where the hanger bay doors open for the transports to enter. "Mission accomplished, all LAAT ships are safely returning." officer 3 reports the current status of the mission. Right when everything seems to be alright, four blast shots are heard through out the sky, the shock wave powerful enough to throw some players off balance.

"Sir! Imperial AA guns are firing, what do we do?" The officer asks, facing his commanding officer. "Tell them to break off and to make it as fast as they can!" Heather answered his question with a command. "Yes sir." The fourth officer replied as he repeats the order to the LAATs. "Open the hanger bay!" Heather commands with a small tone of worry that the LAATs might not make it.

     Minutes pass before the surviving Gunships land safely on the Cosmo. Everyone aboard the ship cheers that they successfully brought as many players and NPC back from the surface.
"How many...did we lose?" Heather shakily asks, wanting to know her casualty count.
"Two hundred and fourteen players died in this battle.....sir." an officer says with the casualty count report on his hand. "And 300 NPC where taken to be slaves for the Empire." He adds.
"How many would've we lost of we didn't send the bombing run?" Ian asks. "Everyone." the officer replies.
     Ian turned around to face the female commander. "You did well. Look at all the NPC you saved and the players life you also saved."
"I guess so...." Heather said in a sad tone. Ian then sends a friend request to her. "Why are you sending me this?" She asks curiously, unsure why he is sending her the request. "Because you listened to my suggestion, you saved the lives of the people under your command, you sent a team after me. I know you'll be a great leader one day." Ian said honestly. Heather lowers her hand and pressed the check mark to accept the friend request. Ian then grabs his helmet and puts it on. "If you need me, you know how to find me." he says as he makes his way to the hanger bay. Once he arrives he gets on a (very conveniently placed) Arc-170 and flies off into the darkness of space.
-----
Player count:
Players alive:  19,786
Players dead: 214