Chapter 11: Despair

"Ok. We got good news...and not so good news." Steven says. He is wearing blue soldier Spartan armor, his helmet is underneath his right arm.
The alliance is all gathered in one room. "What's the good news?" Samuel asks, who is sitting on a chair, just like everyone else. "Well. I found an amazing house big enough for all of us. It is three story tall, six bedrooms, a huge living room and a massive kitchen." Steven announces. He is respond with cheers, for the guild has been living in hotels since the game started a year ago.

"And the bad news?" Ian asks. He knows how this works, good news brings your hope up and is crushed by the bad news. "Well, it's not bad, we are literally a few hundred credits away from getting it. So, it's time for grinding." Steven answers the question. 'Grinding should be easy. I mean, just go to a dungeon and fight monsters or enemies.' Ian thinks.
"So when do we start the grinding?" Jacob asks. "Right now!" Steven cheerfully says, encouraging his alliance to go and fight. "Yea!" The team says in unison as they all leave the room and head to the forest of Endor.
-----
"Here we are. A abandoned imperial bunker." Jack says, standing in front of the bunker's door. "Do we knock?" Jessie asks. "Really? You want to knock." Jacob says like he has heard the stupidest thing on earth. Jessie just looks down at her yellow and grey recruit Spartan armor. Ian walks up to the door and kicks it down, dust and pollen coming out from the bunker. "Shall we." Ian says, walking inside with his blasters drawn and ready to be fired at enemies.
-----
"Just a few more credits and we should have enough for the house." Steven says, walking ahead of the team.
"Jessie, you alright." Ian asks. For the entire time she has been clenching her pistol very tightly and she's been shaking nervously. "Y-yes...I-I'm fine." Jessie says, not sounding very convincing. "Are you sure?" Ian asks again. "I-it's just that this is my first raid." She finally says. "Hey. It's going to be ok. I promise." Ian assures Jessie that nothing will happen.

"Hey look. A control room." Samuel points to an empty room filled with panels and buttons, tables and maps, everything a control room needs. "What's so great about it?" Steven asks, walking inside. "Well, there's a legendary chest inside." Samuel answers, opening the chest.
Right as the chest opens, the blast doors shuts, trapping the players inside. "The heck!" Steven says, his assault rifle in ready position. Suddenly, dozens of Stormtroopers appear, surrounding the Explosive Nebulas.

"It's a trap!" Ian says, ducking several laser blast and related with taking a few enemies down. "We can take them!" Jack fires his Battlerifle, which is proving to be futile against the hoarse of Stormtroopers.
As the battle continues, both sides begin loosing ammunition quick. That's when several Stormtroopers pull out Magnaguard's staffs with red electricity on both sides. No one notices this until the Stormtroopers are right in front of them. "Watch out!" Ian warns Steven. But it was to late, the Stormtrooper has already knocked his shield down and in less than a second, he was gone.
"Jacob! Behind you!" Jack says, fighting several of the staff wielding soldiers. Jacks spins around and goes for a headshot, but misses and heat terminates in a matter of seconds. Jack goes down next, being stabbed through his chest plate before shattering into a million pieces.
Samuel quickly lost it. He couldn't fight, he was out of ammo and had no hand to hand combat experience. He fell faster than a fly.

"Jessie take this!" Ian tosses her an over shield circle. "What do I do with it!" She says, her voice shaky and scared of what's happening. "Put it on your chest plate and it will activate an over shield!" Ian answer, already engaged in hand to hand combat with several staff wielding Stormtroopers. Jessie does as she is told and activates the over shield. A green shield surrounds her armor, giving her more defense. "Use your pistol when they get close to you!" Ian commands, stabbing one of his enemies with their own staffs. "O-ok!" She says, firing any enemies that get to close for comfort. Ian spins his staff above his head, hitting several Stormtroopers nearby. Ian swipes his hand up to down, opening his menu while simultaneously fending off more white armored soldiers. He goes to his skills and removes one skill and immediately replaces it with another named Triple Wield.

For those who are curious as to what triple wield does, it allows a user to use any range weapon with any melee weapon, like a Magnaguard staff and a Westar-35 blaster. It significantly increases damage and speed, but hinders defense ever so slightly. Ian, now holding his blaster in his left hand and his newly acquired staff on his right, goes on a total rampage. He shoots any far range targets square in the head, not missing any shots. While his Westar is handling mid to far ranged targets, his staff is having a massacre party, quickly eliminating any targets that get closer than two yards. Most of the remaining Stormtroopers lose interest on Jessie and focus all firepower on Ian. This causes a slight relief inside of Jessie, but stirs worry towards Ian. 'I have to do something. He can't just take them all. Can he?' Jessie thinks, watching Ian with admiration. She has seen many things in him, from him being a gentleman to being a warrior. Her admiration only grows bigger from watching him protect her and drawing all the attention from the Stormtroopers.

Jessie looks at the top of her visor and notices her over shields have already been depleted. This doesn't worries her, she doesn't cares, she only cares if Ian survivors. As of now, she needs to step up her game. 'I need to help. He'll start loosing if I don't.' She raises her pistol and aims at a Stormtrooper. He may be far, but she still wants to help. Jessie pulls the trigger, sending a bullet straight through the Stormtrooper's helmet. Ian sees this, he notices that she is helping. This is good and bad at the same time. If she continues, the Stormtroopers will surely be on her. Ian puts his blaster away and picks up another staff from the floor. This is it. He sprints around the room, slicing, stabbing, and killing every Stormtrooper in the room. In mere seconds, all the Stormtroopers are gone, leaving the two in an empty dark room. Ian walks to the corner where Jessie is sitting.
Ian extends his hand to Jessie. "Jessie, what happened to your shields?" Ian asks. "They never recharged since the over shields went down." She answers, taking his hand and standing up. "I think it's because you are carrying so much defensive equipment that it takes a while for your shields to go up." Ian gives an explanation. "Anyway let's go."

A blaster fire is heard, followed by a loud and painful gasp. Jessie falls to her knees, a laser shot burned through her helmet. Ian quickly turns around to see a Stormtrooper on the floor, weak and exhausted but still fighting. Ian immediately puts a laser through his head, shattering him to pieces. "Jessie! Jessie!" Ian kneels down, placing her body in his arms. He removes her helmet to see a crying teen, tears dripping down her cheeks. "No! No this can't be happening!" Ian says, taking his helmet off and crying as well. "H-here. This should help!" Ian takes out a republic medicine injection. Jessie slowly moves his hand away. "No...I can't...live like this..." She says between cries. "T-thank you...for...helping me..." She says, smiling before shattering into a million pieces. Ian gasps on sadness. "Jessie...Jessie...JESSIE!!" Ian yells, his cries of despair filling the dim lighted room.
-----
Player count-
Players Alive: 19,752
Players dead: 249