Chapter 17

After somewhat composing myself, I got up and started to walk on the foot path that surrounded the arena. Crossing my arms over my stomach to try and keep me warm, I continued to think of how people never seem to stay long in my life, and how easily I trust them.

I reached the pathway that was linked to the back car park for the arena. It had two large tour buses with One Direction faces plastered on the side, and four security cars. There wasn’t anyone around so I sat down on the grassed area near the wall.

The London weather was horrible tonight. It was freezing and little bits of snow were starting to fall. Squishing myself more into the wall, I brought my handbag closer to me for warmth. I had no idea what I was going to do tonight; I wish all of this would stop, and that I could have my parents back.

Still violently shivering, I heard footsteps coming towards me. I kept my eyes closed, thinking it was just my imagination running wild. I could feel tears flowing over my frozen cheeks; they stung because of the coldness. Praying that all of this would go away, I was startled when I heard a voice in front of me.

“Hey, are you okay?” A husky voice whispered.

My eyes shot open and I back myself further into the wall, if that was even possible.

There, in front of me, was Harry Styles. The one who I supposably ‘flirted’ with and the one who left me two years ago. I tried to calm myself down, but the tears kept on flowing down my cheeks. Harry patiently crouched there, waiting for my response.

I looked into his eyes and let out a soft “yeah”, then immediately looked back down to the ground.

Harry sighed and spoke again “well you don’t look like you’re alright Dani. What’s wrong” he said while slowly lifting my head up with his finger underneath my chin.

I whimpered and then slightly spoke “M-my friend thought I was flirting with you at the concert and she didn’t like it so she slapped me and drove away with all of my stuff in the car. I have nothing now.” I strained to get out, due to the constant flow of tears.

Harry nodded and let out a sigh “Danielle, you weren’t flirting with me. I was just shocked to see you after this long.” He spoke while wiping away my tears.

I nodded. “I told her I wasn’t flirting but she didn’t believe me”.

“Well she isn’t a very good friend if she didn’t believe you is she?”

I shook my head “No, but she’s all I had” I whispered.

“What was that love, I didn’t catch that?” He spoke quickly.

“Uhh, nothing. I should go now.” I said while getting up and walking away from the arena.

“Wait!” I heard harry yell out to me.

I slowly turned around to see him standing there. He grabbed his phone out and put it in my hands. “Put your number in here and I’ll put my number in yours yeah? I don’t think I have your number still” He said slowly, looking directly into my eyes.

I nodded slowly and grabbed his IPhone. “I uh, I still have yours harry” I whispered. He nodded.

I put my name under ‘Danielle - Cruise girl’. And then gave it back to him. He smirked.

“I uh, I better get going harry’ I said and ran off up the road.

I know harry was trying to talk to me again, but he obviously doesn’t know what I went through after he left me.