Chapter 11

"All my life, I was abused by my father. He was an alcoholic and had a bad temper. When I was 5 years old, my father raped my mother. She fell pregnant and my father didn't want that baby, so ... So he beat her to death ... Killing the baby and my mum. When the police showed up to our doorstep, he said that someone broke in and did it to my mother. A few years passed and one day a policeman came to our door. They arrested my father and took him to jail. That same day, people from a foster home came and took me to another house. That's where I met lily and John Terrence. They were my new parents. A few years after they arrested my father, I found out that he had committed suicide in the prison cafeteria. It didn't surprise me that he'd do something like that, but in all honesty, I wasn't even upset that he died. And now that my foster parents have died, and they fact that I was raped and abused by a man that I didn't know, I thought that maybe I was going to die ... " she nodded to herself "and it really scared me harry. I was hoping that I would've died so I didn't have to deal with any of this ... but I didn't want to die because I know that I can fight through this and find a way to make my life better." She said while a tear escaped her eyes. I leant over and wiped her tear away with my thumb.

"Danielle, I'm so sorry. I didn't know I-I!" I said while wiping away a tear that had leaked out of my eyes.

"It's okay. I was just scared. I won't run away like that again, I promise. I don't want to hurt anyone by doing that." She said while looking at her lap. Then she smirked a little bit, and looked up into my eyes. "I wouldn't want to hurt you, or make you upset" she said biting her lip. I nodded and gave her a hug.

"You know what always helps take things off my mind?" I said while holding her hands. She shook her head "going to the gym" I said smiling. "Do you wanna go? I'll come with you!" I said while standing up. Danielle nodded and we went to get clothes to get changed into.

I decided to wear a basic white shirt, which navy blue gym shorts, and black runners. I walked out into the lounge room and waited for Danielle.

A few minutes later, she came out wearing a blue sports bra and matching mini shorts. Her hair was up in a high pony tail, and she was wearing white things.

"Let's go" I said while grabbing a towel. Danielle nodded and grabbed my right hand.