Chapter 14

(Two years later)

“Come on Danielle!”

“We have to get ready”

“It’s already 2:30!!!” shouted my best friend’s Sasha, Nicole and Candy.

I know what you’re thinking .. Candy? .. yep. Her real name is Candice but she would rather be called candy. She was the most popular girl at college. We had all just graduated from college and were celebrating by going to a concert …. A one direction concert. Ever since the cruise I hadn’t been in contact with Harry at all. I still had his phone number, but I never called it. I thought that I’d be bothering him if I did. I’d still sometimes find myself singing their songs while studying or whilst in the shower. But the decision to go to this concert was all candy’s idea. She likes the one and only Harry Styles and was going to do everything to get his attention. I didn’t really know why I was invited. Probably a thank you maybe? I don’t really know, but it sure did seem weird when they asked me.

I took pride in my college work and worked very hard to get the results in my HSC. This was one of the very reasons why Candy and her ‘side-kicks’ adopted me into their friends group … they forced me to complete all of their assessment tasks for college so that they’d pass. Of course they passed with flying colours but that’s not the point: they were the only ‘friends’ that I had and they used me to my full potential. In addition to all of this, I actually had grown some self-dignity towards my body. I didn’t wear tank tops to reveal my breasts or wear pencil skirts that moulded my ass cheeks. No, I didn’t like a lot of attention now. I wore plain clothes that complemented my good features such as my eyes or my flat stomach. This obviously contrasts to everything that my so called ‘friends’ were doing now.

“Danielle! Seriously get up! We are leaving for the concert in half an hour!” screeched Candy whilst she drowned her fake eyelashes with more mascara.

“Okay, I’m just going to have a shower” I said whilst walking towards my ensuite. I opened the white wooden door and quietly closed it behind me. Sighing, I stripped out of my pyjamas and proceeded towards the small shower.

My bathroom wasn’t very big. Heck my whole apartment wasn’t very big! I had a tiny little kitchen that consisted of hardly any food, a lounge room that had no lounge in it: only a fireplace, and one bedroom that had an ensuite that you could hardly squeeze into. This place is the only thing that I have now, ever since my parents died. After spending years working hard around London I finally had enough to live in my own apartment. Hence, the reason for this rundown apartment. It was evident that I couldn’t afford much.

After scrubbing my body under the cold shower water, I stepped out and got dressed into a long pair of navy blue skinny jeans, a coral coloured t-shirt with a white cardigan over the top. Satisfied with my outfit, I started on my hair. Not wanting to do too much to it, I simply added moose for volume and straighten my whole head of hair.

After I was done with my hair it now cascaded down to my hip bones. Finishing up with my natural makeup, consisting of foundation, mascara and lip gloss, I walked out of the bathroom to see Sasha, Nicole and Candy eagerly waiting for me.

“Is that what you’re wearing” Nicole said in her annoying voice.

Looking down to see my outfit I nodded. “Err yeah, is something wrong with it” I questioned.

“Oh honey nothing’s wrong with it, there’s just nothing right with it.” Nicole laughed out.

“Anyways, let’s go! We are already late!” Candy exclaimed while walking out of my apartment towards her car.

I grabbed my hand bag and my overnight bag that I would need, as we were all staying over at Sasha’s house after the concert.

Sliding into the back of Sasha’s bright pink Mercedes Benz, I quickly put on my seatbelt and prepared myself. Constantly reminding myself of how horrid tonight was going to be.

‘This night out is going to be great. Just great. I love it when my only friends in the world laugh at me for being who I am, and not following their stupid fads. And I’m going to have to face harry tonight.’ I repeated in my head as we drove down the highway.