-Chapter Nineteen- Hogsmeade Village

Angel was sat on the uncomfortable chair in Snape's office again. He was pacing back and forth by his fireplace, glancing at the birth certificate in Angel's hands. Twice Angel opened her mouth to speak but no noise would escape from her lips, she remained silent as the dark haired man glowered at the document her hand.

"Albus, I need you to come here." Snape called into his fireplace after throwing floo powder into it; the tall frame of Albus Dumbledore stood out from the green flames and looked unsurprisingly at Angel and Snape.

"Good evening Miss Cole, Severus. You summoned my presence?" Dumbledore smiled as he conjured a soft chair for himself to sit on. He put his elbows on the arm rests and touched his fingertips together, resting his chin upon them.

"Show him!" Snape spat at Angel.

Angel handed Dumbledore her mother's birth certificate with trembling hands. He surveyed it, looking through his half-moon spectacles and looked at Angel before appraising Snape.

"Ah. Well this is a pickle." Dumbledore said quietly.

"It's more than a blasted pickle! HE SWORE! He swore she wasn't his. He lied to us!" Snape yelled. He sat on his chair and put his pale face in his hands.

"Severus, we know your father wasn't a good man, there is no point in getting angry. That does not change the situation now. Evangeline, would you mind if I kept hold of this?" Dumbledore asked softly.

Angel nodded and looked Snape worriedly. "Will he be alright?" she whispered, her dark eyes widening.

"In time but for now I shall put this somewhere safe. I think it's best if I leave you two to talk." Dumbledore said rising from his seat.

"Don't leave me with her!" Snape snapped his head up from his hands, "What am I supposed to tell her?" He said hoarsely.

"Just the basics, you are her uncle. Tell her about Joanne and yourself; she would like that. I think just the background will do for now." Dumbledore patted Snape on the shoulder as he went back into the green flames. He winked at Angel before he vanished to his own office.

"Right...so, do you...drink?" Snape asked, holding a butterbeer out to her. Angel took the bottle from him and noticed that he was drinking a dark amber liquid in a glass tumbler. She sipped her the frothy beverage as she watched him rub his face roughly.

"Sir, is it true? Tobias Snape is your father? You're my Uncle?" Angel breathed. Snape nodded at her, his sallow face looking sicklier. "And you didn't know that my mother was your sister?" she asked him quietly.

"No, my father convinced my mother that he had nothing to do with Ms Marshall and her daughter. They lived on the same road as us. Her mother had blonde hair and grey eyes, I used to think Joanne looked like me a little but that was it." Snape growled.

"You knew my Mum?" Angel said excitedly, "What was she like?"

"She was kind. When I was being teased she stood up for me...she was a few months younger than me. She used to be friends with the Evans' girls on our street. Her best friend was Petunia." Snape said softly. "I don't really think I can explain this very well." He looked at her with emotion filled eyes and blinked, the emotion had left his features as he looked back down at his desk, and his fists were pale and clenched.

"Please? I would really like to understand." Angel leaned over and hesitantly patted his hand. He looked up at her puzzled but inhaled deeply and nodded.

"I'm only going to say this once, so listen." Snape said sharply. Angel nodded and made herself comfortable; which was hard to do on the wooden chair. "Here," Snape rolled his eyes as he handed her a frayed green cushion, she thanked him as she adjusted herself quietly in her seat and waited for him to begin.