-Chapter Twenty-Four- Bambi

After an hour of being alone in the girls' dorm room Angel started to feel a little pathetic, her eyes felt sore and puffy and when she looked in the mirror she had to perform a cooling charm so that no one would be able to tell she had been crying. Her head felt like someone had squeezed all the moisture out of her brain and her throat was so dry that she eventually changed out of her quidditch uniform and into her signature look of a green plaid shirt with her black skinny jeans. As she walked down the stairs into the common room she noticed that it as empty, meaning that it was dinner time. She was dreading facing Draco after getting so upset with him but knew that there was a slight possibility that she had overreacted, everyone knew how Draco liked to wind up Harry and the other Gryffindors and he had been punished physically for his outburst. She cast her memories back to when she told the platinum haired Slytherin that his words would get him into trouble one day and sighed, she thought about how much Draco meant to her in such a short amount of time and knew that she had already forgiven him but it was starting to get increasingly difficult for her to hear the rest of the Slytherins, especially Draco talk like that about people she called her friends. The best that she could do for now was to just take it with a pinch of salt so to speak, the Gryffindors didn't like the Slytherins either and she had a feeling that if she were sorted into Gryffindor and dating one of them, they would be in more of an uproar over her being friends with a Slytherin. Still, it didn't make Angel feel any better knowing that she was going to have to admit this to anyone, she was a Slytherin after all! Rolling her eyes over just how dramatic she had been she walked out of the common room and up to the Great Hall for dinner.

"Where the hell have you been? We thought you would have gone with Draco to the Hospital Wing...you know, check how your boyfriend is?" Blaise said as she took a seat on the bench opposite him. Angel shrugged and flicked her hair over her shoulder, she didn't feel like talking at that moment to anyone. "Look, I don't know all of the details but I do know that the guy is in a lot of pain, and I'm not talking about the broken ribs. Do you think you could maybe put some of that Slytherin pride away and just go see him? He keeps mumbling about being stupid and losing you." Blaise said quietly, he looked at Angel and watched some of her resolve melt away.

"Ugh. He's not lost me. I'm just mad at him...I'm mad at me. I shouldn't have overreacted. We all know he's an idiot and winds people up and I am furious that Harry and George reacted violently but I'm just not ready to admit I was wrong." Angel sighed. She stabbed a carrot with her fork; Blaise smirked at her and pointed behind her.

Standing behind her was Draco; he had the shadow of a black eye still remaining and his arm in a sling. He sat cautiously in the empty spot next to Angel and filled up his plate, they ate in silence, neither one spoke until the dinner plates had vanished and the dessert plates appeared on the table.

"So...it turns out that I'm a bit of an arse and need to listen to my girlfriend more...That is, if I still have a girlfriend?" Malfoy said slowly, edging his hand closer to Angel's on the table.

"Yes you do and yes, you are an arse." Angel smirked and held his hand. She smiled at the fact he had apologised without even saying the word 'sorry'. "I guess I'm a bit of a Drama Queen so maybe not everyone is perfect." She saw Draco smile at her non apology and leaned closer to him. "Are you alright?" she asked him worriedly.

"Yup, Pomfrey got me all cleaned up, I'm only wearing this thing just in case you were still angry at me and I needed to look worse for wear...OW!" Draco exclaimed as Angel prodded him in the chest hard for admitting he was trying to ruse her and chuckled as she took the biggest éclair from the platter, smirking.

"Hah, hey guys guess what?" Crabbe yelled from the entrance of the Great Hall, running towards the table, "I got lines for hitting that bludger at Potter...haha! Lines!" He announced with glee.
Angel rolled her eyes, she knew he had been let off so much more easily than Harry or George would be, especially now that the latest decree had been released so that Umbridge could now allocate punishments. She scanned the Gryffindor table to see if they had been released by McGonagall yet but didn't see them, she also noticed that Ron had not attended dinner either and decided to go look for him. Quickly telling Draco where she was going, she left and went in search of the Gyffindor Keeper. He was not anywhere near the Quidditch pitch nor was he in the Gryffindor common room when she asked the fat lady if he was in. She started walking up to where the DA meetings were held in case he may have gone to that room which apparently adjusted to whatever the user needed but as she passed a huge stained glass window she started to notice that it was starting to snow. Thinking about how fast winter had came Angel pressed her head to the glass, trying to imagine what her first Christmas without her father was going to be like, her eyes started to water and a glimmer of orange appeared in her sight. Blinking the tears away, Angel focused on the orange blur and smiled as she finally had found Ron.