-Chapter Twenty-Six- Christmas on the Closed Ward

Many of the students were staying at the castle for Christmas except for a fair few, all of whom had piled onto the scarlet train at Hogsmeade station. Angel had only been on the Hogwarts Express once previously but was not feeling the same buzz of excitement that she had on the way to Hogwarts, in fact she was a little sad to be leaving. As the train sped further and further away from the castle and more of the English countryside became visible, Angel huffed and placed her chin on her hands while she looked out of the window.

"I wish we were allowed to do magic over the holidays! What if I forget everything I've learnt or wake up and find this was all just a dream?" Angel sighed as Draco resumed his seat next to her in their compartment. He handed over a few packets of ginger newts to Angel that he had retrieved from his trunk.

"Not likely. I don't think you have an imagination good enough to make up someone as amazing as me!" Draco said, holding his head up high and beaming at Angel, who poked her tongue out in reply. "Besides, there are some circumstances where you can do magic but you have to be in a wizarding household. You'll see when you visit my mum." Draco added.

"Visit your mum? Since when?" Angel asked, confusedly. As far as she was aware Draco was accompanying her to Aunt Bella's and staying there.

"Uh, since my Mother demanded that she meets you." Draco winked.

Angel smiled and wondered if this was something Snape had agreed on, it was not mentioned in his note and although she liked to do her own thing, there was absolutely no way she would be getting on the wrong side of him any time soon so long as she could help it! They looked over to ask Pansy and Blaise what their plans were for Christmas and immediately looked away. The couple had started engaging in a very passionate public display of affection.

"Ugh! I did not need to see that." Draco gagged. He glanced over at Blaise who was now winked at him and scowled back.

"Mate, lighten up. You'd do the same if you both weren't so goody-goody." Blaise laughed as he turned back to face his girlfriend.

"Pfft, I'm hardly a goody-goody," Draco mumbled.

"Oh really? Please, divulge in just how badass you are," Angel laughed, stroking his arm to let him know she was teasing.

"Not necessary my love," Draco smiled, kissing the end of her nose and settling his head upon her lap so that she could stroke his hair. "I have no intention of changing how you see me." He added ominously.

After giving Pansy a quick hug and a promise of writing to her over Christmas, Angel found herself being accompanied out of Kings Cross by Draco and his father. Angel laughed at the senior Malfoy's distain as she told them she would be staying in muggle London. She shook Lucius' hand as he took Draco's trunk and carried hers onto a trolley for her, much to her surprise.

"Thank you Sir, I could have done that myself but it is very much appreciated!" Angel smiled gratefully, she was aware that her trunk was heavier than usual; she had taken out at least a dozen books from the library to read as exam preparation.

"Not necessary, happy to help the girl who has been ensuring Draco's happiness and increased grades." Lucius bowed his head to her; he stepped out of the way to give Draco and Angel some privacy before both of the Malfoys would apparate around the corner.

"See you soon, okay? I will send you a letter as soon as I get home," Draco whispered as he squeezed Angel tightly and kissed her lips softly. Angel nodded, smiling at him and planted a much harder kiss upon his mouth.

"I will see you soon, can't wait." She walked out into the street where the busy station was full of muggles dressed in suits rushing to their trains. She waved to Draco and Lucius as they departed, blowing kisses to Draco until he turned the corner.