-Chapter Four- A Late Entry to Hogwarts

Angel smiled up at Harry, she didn't realise the boy had been following her. She knew that she walked fast when she was busy with her thoughts and was thinking about what Aunt Bella had said last night. Angel wasn't sure what to believe. Harry seemed to notice that she had her mind elsewhere;

"Got a lot on your mind? Want to talk for a bit? I don't have to be in until Dudley is and he's probably off beating up kids with his little gang." He said kindly. She smiled at him again. There was something about this boy that made her feel comfortable. She nodded and finally spoke.

"This is going to sound weird but my Aunt said something to me that kind of made me feel uneasy...do you....um.....well...do you believe in magic?" She asked hesitantly. She waited for Harry to laugh at her and call her strange. The laughter never came; instead he took a deep breath and looked at her with a serious face.

"Actually I do believe in magic. Why do you ask?" He smiled a little as he said it. She looked surprised, whenever she spoke to her father about strange things happening around her he would laugh it off and change the subject. 'This boy is very different,' she thought to herself.

"Well," She sighed, "My aunt was talking gibberish about magic and wizards and she mentioned the word 'muggle', at first I thought she might be going mad but now I'm starting to think she might be onto something." Harry looked up when she said muggle, almost as if he knew the word himself. She noticed this and decided to stay silent; this is what she did when she knew that someone had information and the silence often convinced them to tell her. It seemed to work. He looked around to check no one was looking and then sat down on the floor. She moved off of the swing and sat next to him, stretching her average length legs next to Harry's long ones.

"Do you know what the word muggle means?" He asked quietly. She nodded. "Okay well I'm going to tell you something, promise you won't leave until I've explained?" He said even quieter. She nodded again. "When I was eleven I kept receiving these letters addressed to me, it was from a school of magic telling me that I had a place there. Have you ever had any of these letters sent to you?" Harry asked in almost a whisper.

Angel had a sudden flashback to her own eleventh birthday when she was opening birthday cards. She remembered an envelope with green writing and parchment inside saying something about having a place at a school called Hogwarts. Her father had told her that it was just a joke letter; she didn't get the joke personally but had not reason to distrust her father so she didn't think anything of it. Harry looked at her eyes widen as if remembering something.

"I'm guessing by the bulging of your eyeballs right now that you did receive one of those letters. Do you know what that means?" He asked softly.

"Harry...Are you a wizard?" Angel asked, already knowing the answer. He smiled at her and reached into his pocket, he held a wooden stick that seemed to fit perfectly into his hands.

"Yes. I am. This is a wand. It's what witches and wizards use to channel their magic. I got mine from Ollivander's wand shop when I was eleven." He said whilst twirling the wand in his hand. Angel looked at the wand and contemplated what he was saying.

"Is that where I need to go to get my wand?" She asked curiously. Harry nodded and smiled at her again.

"You're taking this news very easily you know. I thought it was a dream when Hagrid told me." He said with a chuckle.

"I didn't believe Aunt Bella last night; I thought she was an official crazy cat lady. I don't know what it is but maybe talking to you just confirms it to me. You're easy to talk to. So, tell me. What is Hogwarts like? Are there lots of other witches and wizards?" She asked excitedly, wondering exactly what a Hagrid was.