Lesson 32

Lesson 32

Damned

Instead of doing his request to be in my best behavior in class, I did the other way around. First, while he was discussing, I made it obvious that I did not pay attention to him at all. I did not look at his direction - not even once.

I brought out my phone and checked all my social media accounts. I tweeted: atm in my most boring class.

I could still hear his voice in the background. The discussion was about journal entries. The hell I care about it.

"Sir, how do you record sales in the journal?" Genera asked. I tsked. I'll wager that she already knew about it. She always study ahead of the pace. Gusto lang niyang magpapansin kay RR.

Before I could even hear RR's reply, I plugged into my ears and played a song. I turned the volume up so I wouldn't hear his voice completely.

The voice which said he loves me and the voice that just ditched me rather than siding with me earlier.

I just could not let go of what happened earlier. Mabuti sana kung ako talaga yung may kasalanan eh. Eh hindi! He chose to work things out in favor of that despicable girl. Every time I remember her grin while she apologized to me felt like acid filling up my stomach. I wanted to kick her in the shins so much!

I was browsing through my playlist when I received a message from Sharpay. Napatingin tuloy ako sa kinauupuan niya. She was secretly holding her phone in front of her. She signalled me to read her message.

Bes, kanina pa tingin ng tingin sa'yo yung asawa mo.

I replied. As if I care. Thnks for telling me tho. :*

I smirked while thinking that I am currently disappointing him. There's nothing holding me back now in my opinion. I would not really matter to him whether I am his wife or his student. Why would I have to comply with his request?

I just removed my earphones when the class ended. Mabilis kong inimpake ang mga gamit ko para makaiwas kay RR. Kahit marami pa sa mga kaklase ko ang nasa loob tinawag niya ang atensyon ko. "Ms. Cheska, don't leave the room yet. We need to talk."

Nagsitinginan ang mga kaklase ko nang may pagtataka. They knew themselves that I have been quiet during the whole period. My only misbehavior is not paying attention to the class.

"Why, Sir? What's the matter?" I shot back at him. From his intense gaze, I knew he would dare not to talk about the issue here in the open.

"It's only for you and I to discuss about," he replied flatly. He now probably senses that I am playing games with him - like challenging him to call me out in front of the class when the reason of my 'rebellion' is his own fault.

I stood before my seat while waiting for my classmates to vacate the room. I already told Sharpay not to wait for me.

The last person to leave the room was the witch. She kept her head bowed down as if she was still embarrassed of what she did earlier. Talk about keeping with her act. "Bye, Sir Rick. Thanks for the guidance po," she bid her farewell to RR. Sa sobrang irita ko sa kanya, it's a miracle I did not run after her and shave her hair.

"That was nothing." RR pensively nodded his head at Genera. I squinted as I heard his reply. It cost nothing to him and and Genera. But it cost something between us.

As soon as Genera left the room, he ambled towards me. He looked back at the door to make sure no one sees us.

"Cheska, tungkol sa kanina-" He attempted to reach for my hands but I immediately swatted it away.