Chapter five

A.N. I reccomend listening to the song on the side while reading this chapter. Seriously fanning my face after watching all 'em moves :P

FIVE

    It was Saturday evening and Angie and I had spent the morning in bed just lounging around and chilling out, we didn’t want to overdo ourselves before the concert tonight. We got up around midday, ate some food and then went clothes shopping. The shops and markets in London were magnificent, there was such a greater variety of clothes and I understood why every time Angie went away she bought something else.

    At a market stall I bought an aqua blue mini dress with short sleeves and a white Peter Pan collar. Angie had said and I quote “you look cute.” To which I smacked her arm because I was seventeen, cute was not my aim. Angie had bought a rubber duck yellow dress that was even shorter than mine and with her white boot heels it made her legs look as if they would never end. She wore a white Alice hand in her hair, leaving the rest to flow like liquid gold down the length of her back. I had the same hairstyle as yesterday as I thought it suited me.

    “I cannot wait.” She exclaimed as she checked for the hundredth time that we definitely had our tickets.

    “It’s going to be the best,” I enthused beside her as we shared the mirror to do our makeup.

    When it was time to leave we opted for the stairs rather than the lift, neither of us trusted it much. Walking along the pavement we most definitely received some looks, even, to my astonishment, I did. There was a queue already forming outside of the theatre where the gig was at so we joined the back of it. The line moved slowly and the wind that streaked through the area was not kind to our bare legs. We came at a good time because not long after and the rest of the audience began turning up in their babbling droves, piling on the back. It took ten minutes before we were at the front and getting the back of our hands stamped.

    The atmosphere was brilliant, everyone was excited and enthusing desperately about the band they’d come to see. We took our seat although it was evident that when it got started there wouldn’t be much sitting involved. I wondered about the plays that had taken place here, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, the likes of the Shakespearian actors and here were rock stars coming to shake the very beams of the building. I couldn’t wait; my knee was bobbing up and down in pure anticipation and thrill.

    A small group of other excited teenage girls clambered into the seats beside Angie and me and began squealing together. “Should I go and get some food or some drink?” Angie asked looking about at what everyone else was doing.

    “Are you thirsty?”

    “No.”

    “Then no, don’t get any. Stop stressing; it’s usually me that’s the worrier. Just chill and have the time of your life.” About twenty minutes later and the equipment, i.e the instruments were getting set up, men walked on and off stage, paying no attention to the crooning girls screaming and yelling. “Oh my God it’s going to begin soon!”

    The first band were distinct. Angie had one of their albums and she nudged me and both of us jumped to our feet like everyone else. A man took to the microphone and his eyes took in all of us. “Hello, good evening, hope that you all have an enjoyable night.” Roger Daltrey bowed his head and then the drummer yelled “one two three four” and a cacophony of beautiful music thundered straight for us. The loudness reverberated through the theatre, vibrating through our very souls. This was what I’d been missing my entire life, this.

    Like all the other girls I clapped and screamed and sung along. It was the best night of my entire existence. Angie was there waggling her hips with her arms in the air while the short haired girl beside me had her hands cupped around her mouth so she could literally just scream at The Who the entire time. I thought that my right eardrum would explode from the strength of it.