Chapter Sixteen

A.N. WARNING MORE SCREAMING GIRLIES. Oh Mick!

    I sat on the sofa watching idly as Jack paced back and forth across the lounge. “You’ll ware a hole into the carpet if you keep that up,” I smiled to myself. He didn’t reply, his bare feet making a stomping sound as he walked up and down the room like a pendulum. “Jack,” I cleared my throat as I got to my feet.

    We’d been living together for three weeks now and although I’d tried phoning mum up several times it had been Charlie that answered and in a sigh he’d tell me that she wasn’t in. We both knew that was a lie and we both knew she was stood practically as close to the phone as he was but neither of us mentioned it. I wanted to know if I could still go to the wedding, if she wanted me there. I supposed she didn’t but I could hope.

    “Baby,” I walked over and standing in his path. He stopped abruptly in front of me the documents that had sent him into this panic were scattered on the floor the other side of the room. I hadn’t gone and picked them up. “What’s wrong? Tell me what’s up.”

    “I’m getting done for possession of drugs.”

    My eyes widened but then it shouldn’t have come as much of a surprise to me. I was living with a rock star after all. They weren’t notorious for no particular reason. He tried to walk around me and continue pacing but I slapped my hands on his shoulders, holding him steadfast. “You won’t go to jail.”

    “You don’t know that,” he sighed and rolled his eyes before meeting my gaze. I refused to budge. I knew he was just taking his worry out on me. “No you don’t,” he interrupted as I began to nod my head. “It says on that paper that I might get three months. Three months!”

    I frowned a little, “That’s not very lo-”

    “It’s enough for our popularity to plummet and to kill our music career,” he pulled a face that I didn’t like. “Then there’d be no fancy food or expensive jewellery or lovely clothes or-”

    “Since when have I ever been into you for your money?” I erupted. I wasn’t about to have him accuse me of something like that when it was him that had come after me. As far as I could recall I had rebuked his attempt at getting cosy with me plenty of times. “Do you know what? Forget it. Forget everything. Whatever Jack I don’t need this.” I went to barge past him but he flung his arm out, preventing me. “What?” I scowled.

    “Ruby,” he sighed and tried to bend closer toward my face and neck, I stood motionless. “Ruby,” he prolonged my name and soon he was speaking through vibrations against my skin. A part of me wanted to push him away and storm off like my original plan but a stronger part succumbed to his charm and allure and before I even knew it my arms had laced around him, holding him to me. I felt his hands go lower and lower down my back until they were tracing the hem of my top.

    “I love it when you get all feisty,” Jack growled against my skin. One of his hands stayed securely on the small of my back making sure that I stayed pressed up against him while the other snaked up under my top, tracing lightly over my skin and raising goose bumps all over my body. “Just like you love it when I do this.” His plump lips began kissing all over my neck and my head rolled back in joy.

    Pretty soon I began to ache for him and bent my head down so that our mouths could connect and when they did it was an explosion of sensation. I found myself clinging to Jack hungrily as I feverishly pushed my lips against his.

    His hand went up and pushed against my breast and I stumbled over my feet as he guided me out of the room and into our bedroom. All thoughts of our argument had vanished into steaming passion. Letting out a moan at the back of my throat I allowed him to pull me down onto the bed so that I was lying on top of him.