Chapter twenty two

A.N. woo so it's the 1st of April today so it's time I updated this story.

    I sat down beside Jack, tucking some loose hair behind my ear as I laced his fingers with mine. “Hello,” he wheezed like someone that had been squawking and laughing for too long as he lent into me smelling odd and planted a messy kiss on my jaw rather than my cheek like I assumed he’d intended.

    “Right,” I sucked in a deep breath, shouldering him away from me as I raised my eyebrows at the others, “I think it’s time we headed home.”

    “Oh no-n-no,” Jack shook his head. I frowned at him wondering if he was going to have a strop, he seriously looked like he was on the verge of one. “We’re just starting to have one-fun.”

    “We’ve been here for about eight hours, you’re not only just starting to have fun,” I retorted curtly and got to my feet, yanking him up after me. Jack rolled his eyes making Bill and Keith snigger but Keith was somewhat distracted by his girlfriend who was sat across his lap while he traipsed his fingers all over her skin.

    “Jack,” I moaned loudly as he stumbled forward, snatching up a half empty bottle of wine and gulping the alcohol down like this would be his last drink for a week. Putting the bottle down with almost disastrous effects he lurched forward after me, flopping his hand sluggishly at his friends.

    “I just wanted to stay for a little while baby,” he slurred with his eyes completely off focus. “We’ll meet again mates,” he nodded at Keith who sniggered and mumbled in his incoherent tone.

    I muttered for Jack to hurry up and he laughed his carrying laugh, “Alright, alright, I’m coming baby keep cool.”

    As soon as we were back in the flat I watched unimpressed as Jack stumbled around like a small child that was still learning to walk. To my disgust he’d headed over to the drinks cabinet and was clanking around with glass. “What’re you doing?”

    “I’m thirsty,” he dragged out the two words before sending a dodgy wink my way. Before he could I stormed over and snatched the bottle and glass out of his hand. “Wha-”

    “You’re coming with me,” I told him firmly, frustration flashing dangerously in my eyes as I grabbed both of his hands and led him toward our bedroom.

    “Ah,” he tripped over his feet, “I like your thinking.”

    “Don’t get any ideas.”

    “Hey,” he tried to run his fingers over my hair but ended up catching his fingers in it instead and I yanked his hand out in outrage. “Sorry-sorry-sorry,” he pulled an apologetic face. “Hey Angie,” he smiled wonkily at me and my eyes widened, nostrils flared as my heart began to pound in panic. “I remember,” he nodded clumsily.

    “Did you-did you just call me Angie?”

    “Come here and give me a kiss,” he puckered his lips unnecessarily and clenched his eyes shut, leaning toward me I watched in horror and before Jack came too close I pushed him in the chest. “Look,” he huffed vaguely aware that he’d just done saying wrong. “I know you find it hard to reason with me. But this time it’s different, darling you’ll see. You gotta tell me you’re-”

    I put a finger to his lips to shut him up, “I don’t want to hear it.” I whispered before dragging him to our bedroom and undressing him, tucking him up in bed and pacing around in the lounge while I played Ball and Chain by Janis Joplin. The ferocity of my pacing made me wonder if I could ware a hole in the carpet. A lot of things were billowing around inside my head and the least of my worries was Jack calling me Angie by mistake. Instead it was me pulling out the glass of wine but to calm my nerves more than anything.