The Girl Who Wanted Nothing: The Beginning

• Dedicated to Anyone who is living out their dreams...

The two mahogany caskets were slowly lifted down into the ground. A crowd of darkly dressed people stood around the two grave sites. Some cried, some stood in silence, and others just shook their heads in disbelief.

In front of the crowd, stood the three people who had been hit most by the two sudden deaths. The three beloved children of the now deceased.

The oldest being a male of the age of 24, now was to become the successor to his family's company. Running it to the glory of his father and his father before him.

The middle child was a teenage girl, only 14 when her parents' deaths had occurred. Although she has never been close to her parents, she still had a pain in her chest at the thought of them actually being gone.

The youngest of the children, a small girl only 3 and half years old, had never even begun to know her parents. That being said, she looked at her older brother more as a father. Her sister was one to show kindness and caring, but no where near what her brother did.

The sky above the grave yard began to rumble. A few of the members of the crowd stepped forward and patted the children on the shoulder. Others came and held them close, reassuring that everything would be okay.

After about an hour, the three children said their final good byes to their parents, held hands with one another, and slowly departed from the dreary cemetery.

______________________________________________________________________________

Samantha Hensworth was not the one to cry for just any reason. She usually could remain strong in hard moments, but in this moment she just couldn't help letting the tears fall.

She laid on her mother and father's king bed and was sobbing into the comforter. She held her head as she tried to sit back up. It had been this way for days for her. The constant reminders that her parents were never coming back to their lovely penthouse with a city view. That she and her sister were now under the care of their brother, not that it bothered her, he was an amazing care giver, but it would never be the same.

"Sammi? Where are you, sweetie?" Her brother yelled from the hallway.

 She just sniffed and dropped her head down. A moment later, her brother appeared in the doorway, giving her a caring look. He walked lightly on the floor over to her and sat down next to her on the bed. He pushed some of her hair off of her forehead and pulled her down towards his chest. She sniffed again and the tears began to fall. Her brother held her close, rubbing her back gently, trying to reassure her that everything would be all right. But, she knew that everything would not be all right.

How was she supposed to live out her life without a mother and a father? Who would give her advice when she needed it? Who would she go to if she needed someone to just listen to her?

She clutched on to the younger man, as he kissed her gently on the top of her head.

"Shhh. It's okay, Sammi. I am right here.." He cooed as they continued to hold on to each other.

______________________________________________________________________________

Justin Fredrichs knew this day was going to be hard.

 He sat in his bedroom with the door and blinds shut.

His uncle was now dead and he and his aunt were now alone. His uncle, being the main source of income in the household, had left in his will for his wife to recieve almost everything. The money, the old pick up truck, and of course the small apartment that they had shared for the past 14 years.

"Justin, lunch is ready." His aunt said poking her head in his door.

Her eyes were puffy and red and you could tell she had not slept for a couple of days.