Chapter 9: I Will Bring Her Back.

:) Hey guys! Welcome to the 9th chapter of 'The Girl Who Wanted Nothing'! 

To begin with, I just wanted everyone to know that this chapter will only be about Reed (I really want to touch base more on his character!) And also, I would REALLY appreciate SOME KIND OF RESPONSE to these chapters. Reviews really do help me..A LOT, so please keep that into consideration, PLEASE!

All right...now on to the chapter! Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________

Reed had never liked the idea of broken families. He didn't like the idea of people being rebellious and wild-hearted.

No, he liked people who behaved. He liked people who did what they were told. Something that he strived to teach his sisters and to do himself.

Walking into his conference room, his associates were silenced.

"Good evening, everyone," Reed said, as he began to walk along the long, wooden table. "Let's get this show on the road, shall we?"

He sat down at the end of the table and one of the many business woman rose from her chair.

"To begin with, sir, we just want to say that the company has never, ever done better," She said with a wide grin. "The rates are at a wonderful rate and incoming funds are still very much in tact."

Reed gave her a smile and gave a nod to her. She pulled back her black skirt and sat down in her seat.

A man in a grey suit and even greyer hair stood from the table.

"As for our insurance department," The man began. "The incoming funds are great. And, sir, as has been said before, have never been better."

Reed gave him a nod and the man sat down again.

The rest of the associates arose and told how their departments were doing, all of which were amazing.

The meeting ended and everyone began to rise from the table.

"Actually, everyone, I have an announcement to make," Reed began. Everyone was seated, once more, and he continued on, "Sam..i-is, well, missing."

Everyone took in a exasperated breath and their mouths dropped.

"I know. I know. It is a shock to all of you. But, no before someone asks, she was not kidnapped. No, she ran away from home. Yes, you may wonder why I am telling you this, but I just thought some of you may want to know," Reed said, as he rose from his chair. He straightened his black tie and spoke again, "And, also, if you receive any word on the matter, please tell me and no one else."

The business women and men all nodded their heads. Reed made his way to the front of the room and pulled open one of the glass doors, he exited from the room, and everyone stood in disbelief.

___________________________________________________________________

Reed opened up the door to the family penthouse and took a solid step inside. He pulled off his grey jacket and hung it on the coat rack. He reached down and picked up Cami's back pack off the floor, hanging it next to his coat.

He walked into the living room to find Cami watching cartoons and the babysitter fast asleep next to her. Cami gazed up at him with her blue orbs and he smiled down to her. He held a finger to his lips and Cami did the same back to him. He reached down his left hand and lightly tapped the 21 year girl on the shoulder. Her eyes slowly opened and Reed waved down to her. She let out a yawn and sat back up.