Chapter 18: The Surprise.

Hello! Well, this is my 2nd chapter of the day! I hope you all liked the first chapter! It's still my goal to maybe finish this story today! :D

Okay, enough rambling....

Alright, now onto the chapter....

______________________________________________________________________

"How are we going to get out of here?" Justin asked over to Sam. He was wrestling with his constraints and the girl shut her eyes.

"Justin, don't even try to break the ropes. It's impossible," Sam said over to him. "They got us, Justin. He has us, now. And I have no idea on what he intends on doing with us."

"Sam, we can't just lie here. We need to get out of here," Justin said, as he continued to struggle with his ropes.

"Justin, there is no hope for us. We can't escape from Reed and those men, it's impossible. They are all over the place," Sam explained.

"Well, fine. You just lie there and not try to get away from your evil, diabolical brother. I am getting out of here and I am running far away," Justin said. He pulled and pulled on the ropes and soon became out of breath.

"I told you, it's impossible," Sam said with some dignity in her voice.

The door to the room opened and Reed stepped back inside. Sam and Justin both glared at him and he simply rolled his eyes, "Thanks for the lovely welcome."

"Why are we here?" Justin asked the man, still glaring at him. "And why are we tied up?"

"Okay, number one, if we didn't tie you up, you would try to escape. And we don't want that..now do we?" Reed said, as he approached the teenage boy. "And number two, you are here because we have something we have to give to you two."

"What are going to give to us?" Sam asked, a little worry coming out of her voice.

Reed clicked his tongue and moved his index finger, "It's a surprise. But, don't worry, you'll be finding out very soon what it is."

"You're evil, do you know that?" Sam asked her brother. He stopped in his place and glared at her.

"I'm the evil one?" Reed questioned her back. She nodded her head. "Okay, you listen here Samantha, you are the bad guy in this situation, not me."

"And how is that?" Sam asked him, getting angrier by the second.

"Do you have any idea what you have done to your baby sister? How much stress you have put on this family since mom and dad died? Why couldn't you just be a good girl and go to school and do what you are told to do? Why couldn't you do that simple deed?" Reed asked, as he crossed his arms and waited for her answer.

Sam sat in silence, staring at her brother. Almost a month ago, he was hugging her and telling her that he loved her, now he was standing before her with a scowl on his face.

"Because...I just wanted to be free for once in my life," Sam said, as she turned away from him.

"What in the world do you mean?"

"My whole, entire life, you have always sheltered me! You never let me do anything without you being there to help me and protect me!" Sam shouted, as she turned back to face him. His face was getting more angered as she spoke. His eyes were piercing into her like daggers.

"I am done with this conversation," Reed said, as he turned away from her. A knock was heard at the door and he let out a chuckle. "Well, it looks like your surprise is here."

Sam and Justin looked at each other and both gulped. Reed opened the door and Jones stepped inside. In his hand were two, small black containers. He handed one over to Reed and the two began to walk over to the two teenagers.

"You take the boy, I've got her," He said over to the bald man. Jones nodded and then walked over to Justin.

Reed approached Sam, again. He uncapped the container and poured out, what looked to be, a small, purple tablet. He examined the pill and then looked down at Sam.

"Open up," He said, as he began to bring the pill down to her mouth. She clasped her lips closer together and turned her face away from him. "Sam, it's just going to make you sleepy, I promise."

Sam continued to keep away from the pill. Her brother let out a sigh, "Please don't make me have to force you to take this."

She still continued to stay away from him and the tablet in his fingers. He gently grabbed her face and pulled it back over to face him. He took his thumb and index finger and forcefully opened up her mouth. He slowly placed the pill into her mouth and then shut her mouth tight, so she wouldn't be able to spit it out. She looked over to Justin, who looked as though he would not take the pill, either.

She tried to keep the pill in her mouth, but it was soon pushed down her throat. She closed her eyes and shook her head, "Why did you give us this?"

Reed stroked her hair, "Because, you're coming back to New York with us."

Sam felt her eyes grow heavy and she soon began to fall into a slight slumber. Her eyes were almost shut and finally they closed. Her last sight being her brother leaning down to kiss her on the forehead.

___________________________________________________________________________

Sam couldn't figure out where she was. She was lying on a small mattress and it appeared that two tall gates were to each of her sides. She began to squirm. Wait, squirm? What was going on? This had to be a dream. She was a baby. How was this even possible?

Footsteps were heard coming towards her. She tried to turn and see who it was, but she could only see their shoes. They were black leather dress shoes that made a small thump, everytime they hit the ground. Sam turned back upright to see the person's face. Reed. She was in Reed's office somehow....in a crib...as a baby. He stared down at her with a simple, closed mouth grin, his elbow resting on the railing. He wore a black suit and tie, his hair was perfectly slicked back with some of the hair slightly pushed up in the front.

He continued to stare down at her with his light blue eyes. He looked down at her, like she was the most precious thing that he had ever seen in his life. She was trapped in his domain.

She felt so helpless just lying there. She was a baby, what else could she do?

This had to be one of the weirdest dreams that she had ever had.

The right side railing was brought down by Reed's hands. He reached his hands down to Sam and gently picked her up. He cradled her in his arms and continued to look down at her, as he walked her around the office. The grin still remained on his face. She stared up at him, confused. He walked them over to one of the three, large windows. He began to look out the glass and Sam still continued to look up at him.

He turned on his heel, still holding her close to his chest. He walked over to his office chair and sat down on the soft leather cushion. He began to lightly rub Sam's small curls, the grin never leaving his face.

He leaned down to her and placed a gentle kiss on her temple. And as if he thought she could understand him, he whispered down to her, "I'll never let you be free."

And suddenly the sweet dream, became a nightmare.

___________________________________________________________________________

I am going to finish this story, if it kills me! More chappies to come! :) Bye!