Chapter 3: I Promised.

"Samantha Grace Hensworth, just what on earth do you think you are doing?" Sam's brother asked on the other line.

Sam took in a shaky breath,

"Hey, Reed. W-what's up?"

"Oh don't you dare try and change the subject, young lady. What are you doing? And don't even think about lying to me, Samantha."

"I just went to the park, that's all. I swear to you."

"So, you went to the park even after I told you specifically not to?"

"...Yes. I am so sorry, Reed."

"Look, Kent is going to come and get you and then bring you to me. We will finish this discussion when you arrive. Understood?"

"Yes, Reed."

"All right, I will see you soon."

Sam ended the call and then started to walk back towards Justin.

"Hey is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's just that I..um I need to be heading back home now."

"Oh, okay."

"I had so much fun today," Sam said and she slipped on her lace ups. "You really are amazing.."

"When will I see you again?" Justin asked her as she began to walk backwards.

"Soon, I promise."

Justin smiled at her and she walked away,

"I do hope so."

_________________________________________________________________________

Sam practically ran to Central Park. Out of breath, she took a seat towards the front of the park. The black Chrysler slowly pulled up and Sam stood up.

As she walked over to the car, Kent opened the back door for her. She slid into the grey leather interior and buckled herself in. The car lurched forward and Sam looked outside.

"He's really mad, isn't he?" Sam asked the chauffeur.

"I can't say he is too happy with you, miss," Kent said as he looked at her through the rear-view mirror.

Sam sighed and leaned her head back,

"He is so going to ground me."

"Well, just remember: you brought this on yourself," Kent said as he stopped the car in front of her brother's company. Sam unbuckled her seat belt and the driver hurried over to open her door. She set a foot on the concrete and then brought the rest of her body out.

Kent grabbed her arm gently and the two walked into the sky scraping building. Business men and women hurriedly made their way through the building. Sam walked slowly next to Kent, trying not to be pushed or shoved. They made their way over to the elevator and awaited for it to arrive.

Sam still couldn't believe that her brother, a business graduate from NYU, was the owner and of this large company. The Hensworth family owned the largest real estate company in Manhattan.

Kent and Sam stepped inside the elevator and the man pushed the 72 button, which was the highest level in the building and also where Reed's office was located. Many people exited and entered the elevator on their desent up, and finally they reached their level. Sam let a nervous breath out and she and Kent stepped out of the elevator.

The 72nd floor contained a modern, furnished lobby, Reed's secretary, Jackie, and of course the CEO office.

Sam and Kent walked over to Jackie's desk and she looked up at them,

"He will see her, right away."

Sam let out another breath and bit her lip,

"Can I maybe just have a min-"

She was cut off with a fimilar voice which seemed to have hints of anger,

"Samantha."

Sam looked over to see the office door cracked and she took one step towards it.

Kent patted her on the shoulder and headed back towards the elevators.

Sam approached the door and opened it, slowly. She took a step inside and found her brother sitting at his desk, looking at his computer screen,

"Sit down."

Sam did as she was told, and quickly sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk.

Her brother clicked the computer and then looked over to her. He folded his hands and sighed,

"Start explaining yourself, now."

"I am so sorry, Reed. I was so stupid to disobey you. Please don' t kill me," Sam said as she grasped the side of the chair.

Reed rolled his eyes and stood from the office chair. He circled around towards the front of the desk and approached his young sister. Leaning up against the desk, he crossed his arms,

"I am very disappointed in you, Sam."

"I know, and you should be," Sam said as she looked up at him.

"You're grounded for 2 weeks and I do not want to hear any complaints."

"Yes, Reed," Sam said as she looked down at the floor. Reed looked at her with care in his eyes,

"Sam, I am not doing this to be a horrible person, I am doing this because I promised that I'd always look out for you. Sammi, I just don't want to see you get hurt.. Okay?" Reed asked her.

Sam nodded her head, slightly.

"Aww, come here.." Reed said as he pulled her into a hug. He tightened his grip and slowly lifted Sam off the chair. He carried her back over to his office chair and tears began to fall on Sam's cheeks.

"I miss them so much," Sam said as she continued to hold onto her brother.

"I know, sweetie...I know," Reed whispered into her ear.

___________________________________________________________________________

:) New, shorter chapter. I hoped you liked it! Please comment and review. (: