Candy

As Michael and I headed to the nearest Candy store he never uttered a word. He would stop every now and then to admire the sky, but right when I would ask him something he would continue to walk. I then grabbed his hand. He looked at me and his eyes were full of tears. I was shocked for a moment, and brought him to a curb. We sat down and I admired his curls. My fingers slid through them like water through a strainer. He sighed and closed his eyes. A tear escaped each one of his eyes and rolled down his cheekbones to only drop off his face and onto the ground.

"Michael..please tell me what's wrong.." He didn't say anything. All he did was slowly put his head down on the grass under us. I continued to stroke his hair because I knew he liked it. I didn't understand why he was acting like this. "Michael... if this is because you called me Lisa, then it's fine. You seemed like you were in another state of mind when you said it, so there's no need to be sad."

"but.. I hurt you.. I never meant to hurt you July.."

"what do you mean?"

"when.. when I kissed August... I'm so sorry.. I didn't know you liked me and when it happened, I wasn't thinking.."

"Michael, you're making this out as something bigger than it is.."

"but I kissed you too.. I don't like the way this feels.."

"Michael.. why don't you just slow your roll... just focus on the reason why you're here and leave your personal affairs somewhere else."

"but July-"

"no buts Michael!" I then got up and grabbed his hand while pulling him to his feet. I dragged him to the candy store and when we entered, his eyes widened.

"I think I'm in candy heaven.." Michael said as he grinned.

"is it as good as the real heaven?" he looked at me and smirked.

"not even close." I giggled and I showed him around the huge candy store. One of the workers gave us a basket and we went around buying every single kind of candy they had. Then after about 2 hours of shopping nonstop, we decided to walk back home. While walking, we came to a car accident. It was in the way of my neighborhood. The car kinda looked like August's but i knew it couldn't have been. A police officer came up to me and stopped us from walking.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you can't cross here."

"But my house is like 20 feet away! how else am I supposed to cross!?"

"Take the long way ma'am" I threw my hands in the air out of frustration.

------------------------------------

Michael's POV*

As July yelled at the cop I noticed something didn't seem right. My body instantly became cold and I shivered. I looked around and noticed a man in a hoodie staring at July. I placed my hand around her waist and the man looked at me. He seemed familiar but I just couldn't remember where else I had saw him. The man smirked and started to run. I wondered why and then I instantly pulled July down beneath me as the car blew up. A bunch of debris raced toward me and shredded my skin. The heat of the impact came and July screamed. I covered her even more as my flesh felt as though it was bound to melt.

"AAAAAGGGHHHH!!!" I yelled in pain. The explosion died down and I fell off of July. She sat up and looked at her hands. Her eyes widened and then she looked over at me. I was on the ground panting while my skin rebuilt itself. The cuts disappeared and the burns were healing. She hugged me tightly and whispered in my ear,

"Thank you so much... I owe you Michael.. I really do."