Excuses

1:03pm

Michael and I were watching a movie when I decided to cuddle up to him. My sudden movement made him jump. I giggled since he was so into the movie. I lifted my hand up to move my hair out of my face. When I did so, my bracelet caught a part of his shirt and it lifted. His stomach exposed and I noticed the different colored spots on him. He pushed his shirt back down and sighed. "Michael-"

"Please don't ask..."

"I already know what it is but-"

"Please.. just don't say anything about it..." He looked away from me and I could have sworn I saw a tear fall from his eye..

"okay....but i just want you to know that it's not that bad...it's adorable.." I whispered softly. He scoffed silently. When the doorbell rang, I got up and opened it, only to see August. She looked pissed. "What's wrong?" I whispered to her, trying not to attract Michael's attention. Of course she pushed me out the way and barged in.

"I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE HE CHEATED ON ME!!!" she yelled. I became confused. I know she wasn't talking about Douglas. He wouldn't ever do such a thing to her! ..yet again, I never liked him so...yeah. Michael sat up on the couch and looked over at us. August hadn't noticed him, so he mouthed 'I'll be upstairs' to me. He looked sad. August walked into the kitchen and took out the ice cream and red velvet cake and poured whipped cream all over it. Then she took out some sweet (black people sweet) tea and poured it in a huge cup.

"August, that's diabetes on a plate and in a cup." Whenever she became upset, she would eat random things. So she walked over to the cabinet and took out the corn starch (YUMM ^_^) and grabbed a spoon, scooping up wads of it and pouring it in her mouth, eating it. I said nothing about it. It was normal to me. We both had pica and when our iron was low, we craved it. Even our mother used to eat it (along with dirt and chalk). I guess you could say it's a country thing, but your statement would be invalid. I took the starch from her and grabbed her hands. I made her look me in the face. "Tell me what happened." I said slowly. She nodded and we went to sit in the living room. Michael came down enough so only I could see him. He held up a piece of paper that read 'I'll be in the shower'. I nodded and sat down with August. She ate and cried her eyes out. "I don't see why you didn't just break up with him from the beginning." she stopped crying and glared at me. I rolled my eyes. She stood up and made her way upstairs. "What are you doing!?" I asked.

"Going to take a shower!" I ran in front of her.

"no! I mean you don't even have clothes to change in afterwards. I know you don't wanna get out of the shower looking like some bum." She furrowed her eyebrows.

"did you forget we used to live together? I still have a bunch of clothes here! Now, let me take a shower! you're being obnoxious!!" She pushed her way past me and I yanked her arm back to stop her. Of course, she pushed me away and the farther I chased her upstairs, the louder the sound of water pouring became. She stopped and looked at me. "What are you hiding? no...WHO are you hiding?!"

"What are you talking about?" I said rather quickly. I already looked guilty as crap, and the nervousness wasn't going away anytime soon. She ran to the bathroom and tried to walk in, but the door was locked. So, she took out the clip in her hair and undid the lock. I tried stopping her, but damn! She was strong as hell!

*

*

*

Michael's POV***

I eased my way upstairs, ready to take a shower. I grabbed a towel and a rag and made my way in the bathroom. I turned the water on and took off my clothes. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror above the sink. I couldn't help but stare at all of the discolored blotches. I became sad and I felt hideous. There was a reason why I hated looking in a mirror. I felt like something alien to mankind. Nobody ever understood me when I was alive..so how would they understand me now? Gosh, I am only staying to help July. nothing more. How could there be anything more? Just because she complimented my discoloration doesn't mean she liked me. Nobody did. A tear ran down my face and I sighed. I stepped into the shower and lifted my face into the water. I let it drown my insecurities and promote my happiness. During my shower I heard the door open and I freaked out. The curtains yanked back, but I caught them right in time to cover myself up. I peeked my head out to see July frightened and August surprised.

"oh my...gosh.. you're.. you're ..." oh great. now she knew.