The Date

ATHENA POV:

I got back to the Burrow to be greeted by a stressed looking Fleur. She's running around and yelling random orders in both English and French to the waiters and staff. Hermione, Ginny and I sneak upstairs while Gabrielle attempts to calm her.  

"Where's Harry staying?" I ask Ginny after we set out bags down.  

"Two doors down, he's with Ron and Drew." I say thanks and head down the hall towards Harry, Ron and Drew's room. I knock lightly.  

"Come in," Ron says and I walk in to see them sitting on their beds, all looking quite bored.  

"Athena," Harry says, standing up and walking over to hug me. "Have a good summer so far? I see you managed to get your hair back to normal." I nod, smiling.  

"My summer was...okay, I guess. Sort of boring, but I managed." I glance over at Drew and Ron who are smirking at Harry and I. They must have been talking about girls or something. "Hey Ron. Drew." They chorus a quick 'hello' before they go back to whatever they were doing.  

"Hey, are you free for dinner tonight?" 

Harry asks a little nervously.  

"Yeah, sure. What did you have in mind?" Harry smirks.  

"I'm afraid that's classified," he says mockingly and I pout at him. He kisses me sweetly on the lips.  

"Okay, okay, I'll leave now! Go have your boy time, I'll see you tonight." I wink at him before going back to Ginny and Hermione.  

"Guess what?" I ask them when I reach our room. "Harry asked me on a date tonight!" They both squeal excitedly.  

"Ooh, what are you doing?" Ginny asks. I shrug.  

"He said it is 'classified'." Hermione smiles almost knowingly.  

"Then that means its going to be something really special!"  

************* 

HARRY POV:

Hermione said this would work. I don't know much about girls, but I do know much about Athena, and I'm sure she'll love it. I prepared us a special dinner in one of the spare rooms and decorated the place. Drew and Ron helped a little-they said it was an experiment for them too.  

"Good luck, mate," Ron says before exiting the room to get Athena. This just has to be perfect. It could be the only alone time we get before going hunting for horcruxes, when our relationship wouldn't be the first priority. There's a knock on the door.  

"Harry? Are you in there?" Athena's angelic voice calls from the other side of the door.  

"Yeah, come in!" I call back nervously.

ATHENA POV:

I step into the room, wondering what Harry has in mind, and I'm completely shocked. He's set up a table with food in the middle of the room and hung lights up on the ceiling to seem like stars. The table is decorated with red flower petals and there's a bouquet of them as the centerpiece on the table.  

"Wow," I whisper, still glancing around the room. "Harry, you did all this?" He blushes slightly and nods. I smile back at him and give him a light kiss on the lips.  

"Alright then, shall we eat?" I nod excitedly and see Harry has prepared a meal of chicken, potatoes, and pumpkin juice. Odd combination, but he knows that it's my favorite.  

"What inspired you to do all of this?" I ask curiously. 

"You." Harry replies casually and I smile warmly at him, sitting down. 

"Me?" 

"Yeah, of course." 

"Because I'm so amazing and everything?" Harry laughs and takes my hand from across the table. 

"Did you tell your Uncle about...the horcrux hunting?" He whispers the last part as if someone could hear us. I shake my head. 

"No. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it in person. Maybe I'll leave a note or something..." Harry nods.

"Excited for the wedding?" I nod happily. 

"Yeah, of course! I bought a cute dress that-" I pause seeing Harry wouldn't really care. "A dress that you'll see at the wedding, of course." 

"Is it blue? I bought a blue tie...Hermione said we have to be 'color coordinated'." I laugh openly. 

"Yeah it's blue. I never thought of the whole color scheme thing...thank goodness for 'Mione." Harry smiles and we dig into our meal. Casual conversation is carried on through the whole thing, mostly about random gossip going on. "Any idea what's going on with Ron and Hermione? They seem to be acting...flirty with each other. It's kind of strange, actually..." Harry laughs in agreement. We talk more about the most random stuff, just enjoying each other's company. I feel like this might be one of the last times we'd be able to do something like this. Horcrux hunting is going to be hell, and we'd all best be prepared for it. "So Harry, you're birthday's coming up..." Harry smiles and nods. "What do you think you want?" I already got him a ton of stuff, like the scrapbook I had been making, along with a book about different Quidditch teams and their strategies, a bunch of candy from HoneyDuke's, and I was hoping to get him one more thing. 

"You don't have to get me anything," Harry says modestly and I make a face. 

"A little too late to say that, Harry." I laugh and Harry laughs along with me. We both move to the couch in the corner of the room to talk. 

"Did you hear what Hermione had to do to her parents?" Harry asks after a couple seconds of silence. I lean my head into his shoulder and sigh. 

"Yeah, she had to erase their memories. Isn't that terrible?" Harry nods. "Plus she's seemed a little off lately. I think she misses them more than she's letting on." I yawn. 

"You tired?" Harry asks sleepily. 

"A bit," I reply, snuggling into his chest. He responds by wrapping his arms around me. "Thanks for tonight." Harry grunts as if to say 'your welcome'. As I start to fall asleep, I feel Harry tenderly kiss my forehead.

"Goodnight, Athena." I go to sleep that night feeling safe and at home in Harry's arms.