The Joke Shop

ATHENA POV:

The summer is painful. Being away from Harry this long was worse than I thought. I had been spending less time with Uncle Albus because he said he was 'busy' but I got the feeling it was something else. I had been owling Harry and we decided to meet up at the Burrow and I couldn't wait. I was leaving tomorrow morning.

"Hey Uncle!" I call, walking out of my room. "Where'd you put all my books that I got yesterday?!" I hear him grunt as he makes his tries to remember. I can picture him scratching the back of his head and looking around the room, thinking.

"I put them on the dining room table!" He yells back and I grab them, making my way back to my room to pack them. I couldn't wait for tomorrow, considering my summer had been a total bummer. I missed Sirius like crazy, but I know somehow, somewhere, he was watching over me.

*********

We apparate to the burrow the next morning and I give Uncle Aberfourth a quick hug.

"See you soon," I say quickly and rush into the house. I hear Uncle Albus chuckle behind me. I don't even bother to knock before I swing the door opened, but to find no one there.

"Hello?!" I call and see Hermione peek down from the winding staircase.

"Athena? Is that you?!"

"Yeah! Now come down here so I can hug you," I joke, holding out my arms as she runs into them. "I missed you so much, 'Mione!" She laughs.

"Yeah, I missed you too!" She pulls back and glances up the staircase. "Not as much as Harry, though. He wouldn't shut up about you." She cracks a grin and I smack her in the back of the head.

"C'mon, I want to go scare them!" I say and Hermione laughs lightly, pulling me up the staircase. Hermione puts a finger to her lips and I hide behind one of the doors. I hear her go into one of the rooms and Harry and Ron's muffled voices.

"Harry, Mrs. Weasley wants you downstairs," she says convincingly. I hear Harry walk out and just as he comes into view I jump on his back.

"Haaarrryyy!!!" I squeal and he stiffens, but then laughs when he realizes it's me. I ruffle his hair lightly and kiss his cheek. He lets me down, still chuckling slightly. I immediately yank him down to me and smash his lips to mine, and I feel him smile into the kiss. We stand there for a minute as his lips move perfectly on mine until I hear Ron gag.

"Eeeewwww! Get a room, you two!" I pull apart and blush smacking Ron in the back of the head.

"We kind of had one until you came in," I hear Harry mutter and I snicker. This was going to be fun. Mrs. Weasley and the others then come in and hug me and say hi. I could tell my time with them was going to be fun.

*************

Kids could be heard laughing all around the shop.

"Anyone for Puking Pastels?!" Fred and George yell in unison and little kids gather around them, reaching for the pastels. Fred and George's shop was completely brilliant, and their business was booming.

"Oi, how much for this?!" Ron yells up to Fred and George.

"Give galleons," they say.

"How much for me?" Ron asks.

"Five galleons," they say again.

"But I'm your brother!" Fred and George exchange a glance.

"Ten galleons." Hermione and I laugh as Ron walks away, fuming. Hermione, Ginny and I walk over to the love potions and examine them. Fred and George appear behind us.

"Hello, ladies!" They say. "Love potions got to you?" George asks mockingly and I set it down.

"Not that you'll need it, eh Athena?" Fred says, motioning to Harry, who's examining the puking pastels. I blush and roll my eyes, walking towards Harry. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Cormac McLaggen checking out Hermione. Ron notices too and I laugh at his jealous expression. They should just get together already!

We walk out of the shop laughing, but it soon ceases when we walk in front of Ollivander's.

"How sad. Everyone got their wands from Ollivanders," Hermione says quietly as we enter the broken down shop. Out of the corner of my eye I see the Malfoy's walking towards Nocturn Alley. I nudge Ron.

"Is it just me or does it look like Draco and Mummy don't want to be seen?" Ron asks and we quietly walk out if the shop, following him. Lucky he doesn't notice us, so we continue to follow him until he goes into Borgin and Burke. We watch him until the blinds go down. I could've sworn I saw Bellatrix and Fenrir Greyback. We make our way back, talking the whole way about it.

We make our way back to the burrow to relax before we have to leave to Hogwarts the next day.

"Dinners ready!" Mrs. Weasley calls from the bottom of the stairs and Ron and I race down, followed by Harry and Hermione, who are laughing at us. I'm running down when I run straight into someone. I squeal and stumble a bit, but when I realize who it is, I pull him into a hug.

"Hey Bill!" I say, and he hugs me back. Bill and I had met a couple of times and he was really cool. Fleur was next to him, and I gave her a little hug while she kissed me on the cheek. Everyone thought she was annoying, but she favored me and I thought she was really sweet. We talk for a while until I hear Ron yell.

"I won!" He says and I curse under my breath.

"No fair, Ronneykins! Bill caused an interference!" I shout as we start pushing each other playfully. Ron brought out the childish side in me, making the others laugh.

We all ate dinner happily and there was about six different conversations going on. I was talking to Ginny about her relationship with Dean Thomas, all the boys were talking to Bill about Quidditch, and Hermione was talking to Fleur (much to her dismay) about who-knows-what. The only thing that would make this better is if Sirius was here. I missed him more than I thought possible. I truly did love my honorary godfather.

I leaned into Harry as we sat on the couch and yawned.

"Tired?" Harry whispers, planting a light kiss on my lips.

"Mmhmm," I said sleepily and I saw a sly grim spread across his lips. "Harry, what are you-" but I don't get to finish my sentence before Harry picks me up and slings me over his shoulder. "Harry!" I complain as the others wolf-whistle. Harry's laughing maniacally, making me laugh as he carries me up the stairs. I'm surprised how strong he is, considering I'm not that light. I'm still giggling when he sets me down lightly on the bed, but then yawn again. I smile as I feel Harry pull the covers up over me.

"Night, love," he says, kissing my forehead lightly. I smile as I doze off into sleep. I honestly couldn't love Harry any more then I do now.