Prisoner of Azkaban

ATHENA POV:

"Athena, is that you?!" Hermione called from the top of the staircase.  

"Yeah," I grunt, struggling to carry all my luggage. Two boys a little older than me, and identical twins, come and each take a bag of my luggage.  

"Hi I'm Fred," says the one in the right.  

"And I'm George," says the one on the left. I shake hands with them both and they help me carry my luggage up to the room Hermione, Ginny, and I would share. It was almost the end of summer vacation and I had gone to stay with Hermione and the Weasleys in the Leaky Cauldron. Fred and George had left me then to say my hellos to Hermione and Ginny. We talk about our summer.  

"Harry and Ron are downstairs with the others, want to go meet everyone?" She asks and I nod. We make our way down and I'm greeted warmly by a crowd of fiery red heads. There's Fred, George, Percy, Ron, Molly, and Arthur. They all hug me and thank me for saving Ginny, who just beams at me through the whole thing. Once I'm done, I move over to Harry and Ron.  

"Woah, did you guys get taller?" I ask, looking up slightly at Ron and Harry. I've always been taller then them, but now they've switched it all around.  

"Sorry. I guess you're the shorty now!" Ron says playfully and I punch him in the arm. "Ouch," he says and Harry and I both laugh. I pull them both into a hug and we all laugh, until Mr. Weasley calls Harry, saying he needs to talk to him in private. I find it kind of suspicious, but I ignore it and get to talking to Ginny. I start to kind of treat her like a little sister, she already looks up to me so much, so it already works that way. I think Ginny's also taken a liking to all the attention I'm giving her as well. I'm just making conversation when I see a man walk in. He has brown hair, but it's one particular feature that catches my eye. His eyes are a bright and shimmering turquoise: exactly like mine. I look at him strangely and he returns the look, but with a sort of smirk. He looks so familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I can also see Harry watching me out of the corner of my eye.  

"Athena?! You in there?" Harry asks mockingly, waving his hands in front of my face, but I wave him off. I look again to the front of the lobby to see if the man is there, but he's not. He's vanished. "What were you staring at?"  

"Oh, umm...nothing. Nothing at all," I reply, going back to my conversation with Harry and forcing myself to forget about the man with the exact same eyes as me and my mother.

"I can't believe I'm actually going on the Hogwarts Express this year!" I exclaim and push the trolley past the crowds of muggles. I had always been waiting at Hogwarts, but this year would be different. I was going to go to Hogwarts like any regular student would: by train. Harry, Hermione, Ron and I went early and found a compartment with only a man sleeping in the corner. I couldn't wait to get back to Hogwarts!  

"Did you hear that Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban?" Ron says, looking impressed. "No ones ever escaped...I wonder how he did it..."  

"Your dad pulled me over earlier and made me promise not to go hunting Sirius Black," Harry says and snorts. "Like I'd want to!" We all shush Harry. Wouldn't want to wake up the mysterious man. Suddenly, Malfoy walks past.  

"Oh god, hide me," I plead and sink low in my seat, but it doesn't work. Malfoy opens the compartment door.  

"Hey Athena and...others," he spits out the last word like its poisonous. "Athena? Can I have a word?" I nod to him but stay in my seat. "In private?" Harry looks like he'd strangle someone.  

"Why don't you just talk to me here?" I ask, not wanting to upset Harry further.  

"Fine. This'll wait 'till later," he says and gives me one last wink before leaving. Harry's about to say something when I stop him.  

"Save it Harry. We all know how much you hate Malfoy," I say while rubbing my temples. "Anyone notice it's getting kind of cold in here?" I ask and see the others shivering as well. The glass on the window freezes and I move closer to Harry, feeling the heat radiating off of his body. I suddenly feel like all the happiness in the world is gone and replaced with terrible cold and sadness. An odd shadowy figure moves throughout the train car, it's robes as black as night billowing behind it. It opens the compartment door and flies in, hovering over my face for a second, knocking the breath out of me. It then hovers over Harry and I can see him suffering like I just did. I'm starting to regain myself when it comes back again, harder than before. I feel like all the bad memories in my life are resurfacing and I can do nothing to stop them. I hear someone yell: "expecto Patronum!" And then the figure is gone, leaving me in my cloud of unhappy thoughts. Harry is passed out beside me while Ron and Hermione look like they've seen a ghost. The person who saved us in none other than our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Lupin.

The next few months is hard for Harry because everyone's still mocking him for the accident with the dementors. People are also saying that the escaped convict (Sirius Black) is after Harry and wants to kill him. The good news is that we finally get to go to Hogsmeade! Everyone in our grade got their slips signed except Harry and I feel very bad for him. The bad news about this is I have to avoid Malfoy, because rumors are going around that he's going to ask me, so I always have Harry check the classrooms and stuff to see if he's there. Harry doesn't mind, however, since he hates Malfoy so much and doesn't want him hanging around me. Hermione keeps saying that Harry likes me back, but I don't think so. Every girl in our grade likes the famous Harry Potter, while every boy in our grade either likes me, or Cho Chang or something. That's why I've been avoiding Seamus Finnigan as well. I think, even though Harry doesn't like me that way, he gets jealous when he sees other boys looking at me or who like me. He's a great friend, but he needs to let it go.