Into the trap door

ATHENA POV:

Mysterious music plays from behind the door instead of growls. I remember Hagrid saying something about music charming 'Fluffy'.  

"Someone's already been here!" I whisper and they nod, Ron slowly opening the door. I brace myself, but there's no need to. The dog is fast asleep, but right over the trap door.  

"How are we supposed to move it? It's paws are huge!" Ron exclaims and we all shush him. Hermione and I manage to move the massive paw of the dog that's covering the trap door. We open it and are about to jump in when Harry stops.  

"Guys," he whispers. "The music." I suddenly also notice how quiet it had gotten. I slowly look up to see Fluffy staring back at us with his tiny but menacing eyes. He lets out a loud bark and we all hurl ourselves through the trap door, barely escaping its jaws. The wind is knocked out of me as I land on something hard. I glance around to see Hermione, Harry and Ron having the same issue. Vines start to wrap around my wrists and ankles and cover my whole body. Wait- I recognize this!  

"Devils Snare!" Hermione caught on faster apparently. "What did we read about it?" She mutters something but I can't hear her, the vines have covered my ears. I must have fallen first, and now I'll be the first to be suffocated. I let out a squeal and the others look at me.  

"Athena, hold on!" Harry yells over to me and struggles against the vines.  

"Guys relax!" I hear Hermione order before I disappear into the vines. I hear them call my name, but it's all muffled. Suddenly I feel myself falling, and pretty soon I land hard on my wrist. Wincing, I get up and rub it.  

"I'm fine you guys! Just do what Hermione says!" And just as I say her name, she drops down landing right beside me. I help her up with my good arm. "You okay?" I ask and she nods, shaking dust off of her clothes. I hear a thud and look next to me to see Harry, then Ron drops down a few seconds later.  

"Bloody hell..." I hear him mutter and I can't help but laugh out loud.  

"Everyone alright?" Harry asks and I shake my head. He comes over to me.  

"My wrist," I say simply and he gently takes it, examining it. I blush but then whimper at the pain and he lets it go lightly.  

"Sorry." He says. "Just try not to use it, okay?" I nod. We get to a door and Harry has to use a broom to retrieve the correct flying key. Once he does we quickly unlock the door and dive through it, closing it again so the vicious keys can't get us. Magic is so unpredictable. The next task is fairly simple thanks to the fact that we have Hermione, and immediately pass through it. We make it to a room with an odd checkered floor and statues surrounding it. I walk onto it, clutching my throbbing wrist, but am stopped when the statues move and block me with their swords.  

"Wizard Chess..." I hear Ron mutter and I curse under my breath. I knew I should've let Ron teach me!  

"We have to play to move forward?" I ask and they all stiffly nod. I sigh and turn to Ron. "What do we do?"  

After that Ron starts yelling directions that we immediately follow. In the end Ron has to sacrifice himself.  

"Harry, if I do this you have an opening to attack the queen and win. It's not us who have to move forward, Harry, it's you. Not me, not Athena, not Hermione; you." Harry nods stiffly as Ron makes his move. The knight comes to life and knocks Ron off his horse, leaving him in an unconscious heap. Hermione rushes to his side and shakes him, but he doesn't move.  

"Athena, you go with Harry, I'll stay here with Ron," she orders and mutters a good luck. Harry and I start down the dark hallway again, hoping to avoid another task. Fortunately there are no more and we come to a big inside courtyard sort of thing. I jump as I see Professor Quirrel standing there looking into a strange mirror. It wasn't Snape, it was Quirrel all along! How stupid have we been?  

"Look here, master. We have a Potter and a Dumbledore! A truly legendary combination!" He says and laughs. Who's the 'master'? I look over to Harry who winces, clutching his scar. He had talked about it earlier in the year, how it always stung at certain times.  

"All your parents would be so proud. Two first years, coming from two powerful families, teaming up to fight evil! Me!" I back away. He seems hysterical. He lets out a failed evil laugh but then narrows his eyes. "Get over here! Both of you!" He yells and Harry and I obey, scared of his hysteria. He grabs us both roughly by the collars of our shirts and drags us in front of the mirror. I clutch my injured wrist close to my chest, not wanting Quirrel to notice it. "Tell me what you see!" He demands and I look into the mirror. My Uncle had told me about this mirror- it's supposed to show your greatest desire. I see myself, but I'm not alone. I see to people surrounding me, one the woman I saw in the painting, and the other a man with hair as fiery red as mine and freckles like mine. They both smile at me and I smile back. "What do you see?!" He demands, shaking us roughly.  

"My parents," I say truthfully and he growls, sending me flying to the floor behind him.  

"You are of no use to me anymore, niece of Dumbledore." He smirks at me.  

"Do not kill her...she could be of use later..." The husky voice comes from somewhere near. I glance around but I can't see anyone.  

"Yes master," Quirrel replies. "Bye bye for now!" The last thing I see is Harry's scared face and Quirrel's wand being raised.

Then everything goes black.