"Jimmy Kimmel"

A couple of hours had past, and it was around 7:30. Now was about the time Robert would be on Jimmy Kimmel live.

I flicked to the correct channel and sure enough, I was right, and just on time.

-Jimmy Kimmel live-

"Robert Downey Jr!"

*band plays Iron Man by Black Sabbath*

*Robert walks out cockily, (as per usual) his head is held high, he's blowing kisses to the audience, biting his lip and saying "I love you," to all of the women.*

*Makes his way to his seat and shakes Jimmy's hand, smiling and waving at the audience*

"Jimmy, how are we?"

"Never better my fine gentlemen, and how are you?"

"I LOVE YOU, I'LL MARRY YOU!"

A crazed fan yells out from the audience.

*Audience laughs, Robert stands up and blows kisses to her....I assume her heart melts*

"You're the most wanted bachelor on planet earth right now, I would imagine, huh?"

*Robert sits back down, crossing one leg over the other*

"Probably."

*The crowd cheers*

"But the reason you're here though is because of Iron Man 2! How incredible!"

-Jimmy and Robert talk about Iron Man, the fans, the franchise, what it was like working with Gwyneth again, the new introduction working with Don, working with Jon again. They basically talk about everything and anything about Iron Man, for a good 15 minutes-

An add break had come on, and I was still lying in the same position on the bed. My lump had dwindled away and was now just a slight bruise. The ice had melted, and had made a puddle on the bedside table next to me.

"This is going well."

I said to myself pleased.

"I'm glad Jimmy has tried to steer away from the divorce-"

I was soon cut off, and all of a sudden eating my own words when Jimmy and Roberts face beamed across the TV screen.

-Jimmy Kimmel Live-

"Now Robert, I call you a friend of mine-"

"Awh...Jimmy."

*Audience laughs*

Jimmy laughs and continues.

"and friends are there for other friends when they're in need of a shoulder to cry on."

Robert begun to become agitated. He looked to the ground, cleared his throat and put on a fake smile towards Jimmy.

"And?" He said as calmly as he could.

"If you don't mind me asking about your divorce..."

Robert looked to the ground, and tensed up. Scratching the back of his head, the audience was in complete silence, before Robert broke it.

"Shoot away."

His face flat, pain flooding into his heart.

"What happened?" Jimmy asked genuinely hurt.

"Something's happened between us...." Robert took in a deep breath, and wiped his cheeks.

"And we just drifted apart."

"Do you and Susan still talk, I mean, words gotten out now that she's found a new man and all." Jimmy could tell Robert was hurting, and tried to smile at him re-assuringly.

Robert wiped his forehead and let out a sigh, his eyes were beginning to flood with sorrow.

Yet he still regained his composure.

"We do still talk, and I guess that's better than not talking at all."

Roberts voice was cracking, and his eyes were getting glassy.

The audience could sense this, and were getting teary eyed as well.

"I made some decisions when we were together that weren't...acceptable. I screwed up. Not her. She was always perfect and always will be."

Robert pretended to itch his eye, but really he was trying to mask his pain.

"And I'm happy for her....I'm happy that when we do talk from time to time, I can hear in her voice that she's truly happy. That this guy is treating her the way she should be treated. Like I used to be with her....when we were happy....together."

Robert sniffled and looked to the ground, un-crossing his legs.

There wasn't a dry eye in the house, everyone either had tears rolling down their face, or were just about to.

"I never hurt her," Robert smiled awkwardly. "If that's what some of you are thinking.....I just....I just reverted."

Everything fell silent for a tiny bit, as Jimmy, the audience and whoever was watching this interview worldwide, sat silently.

Wishing they could just hold Robert in their arms as he fought against the pain, trying not to cry.

Robert lifted his head and a single tear fell down his cheek.

"I don't want people to think of Susan as the bad guy in this situation either. Just because she's moved on."

Robert sniffled his nose and wiped away the tear.

"Because she's not. I'm the bad guy...I'm the one who screwed up, like I said before. She never gave up on me...us....ever, but I did. And a person can only take so much."

Robert rested his elbows on his thighs and put his head in his hands, stroking his fingers through his hair and then rested back into the chair.

"I still love her. I always will....but she's better off now and she deserves it....she really does. They say sometimes the things you love the most, you have to let go of..."

Tears fell from Roberts face as he tried to wipe them away.

Tears fell from Jimmy's eyes too, even he couldn't help but feel pain for Rob.

"And I guess....I guess..." Robert breathed in heavily, trying to fight the tears.

"I guess now is one of those moments."

The audience fell silent as Robert tried to wipe away the ever flowing tears that kept falling.

Until suddenly a man in the audience stood up and began to clap.

Two other people followed this man, then ten other people followed and then sure enough the whole audience, the band, the camera men and even Jimmy were giving Robert a standing ovation.

Robert jumped up and hugged Jimmy tight, Jimmy hugging back even tighter.

"Robert Downey jr!"

Jimmy stood up and held up Roberts arm, and then pulled him in for another hug.

The audience continued to clap, and chant loudly.

"We love you Robert!"

"You're the best!"

"You're perfect!"

"Stay strong!"

Robert had stopped crying, but was still in a lot of pain.

Although, strangely enough, I could sense a weight had been lifted off of Robert's shoulders, and that a sense of relief had washed over him.

Like, he knew now that he didn't have to hide anything, that people now knew what was happening in the present, and how he felt, what had happened and why.

The show was over.

As I sat in my room in utter disbelief, tears rolling down my cheeks, I thought to myself, "things are going to be better now. I just know it."