"Cheers to cheating wives"

My head was pounding, nothing much had changed there.

I rolled over and realised I was still in Roberts room; checked the clock, "2:45pm" it read.

I had awoken to the sound of Robert yelling in the distance, so I rolled to the side of the bed and stood up. I looked down and realised I was in a pair of his track pants and his ridiculously bright orange hoodie he was wearing before.

It smelt musky, sexy, edible even.

Weird? Weird.

As I walked to the edge of the door way Roberts words became more clear.

"I stood by you and loved you every single step of the way, unconditionally. You cheated on ME! AND I LOVED YOU......I still love you...." Roberts breathing was rapid and his voice was choking up, when he continued to talk, "look, nobody found out, and I forgave you. You're my everything and I won't lose you, I can't. You turned my whole life around...." He started to sob. "It was because of you that I made it to where I am today. I know things have been rough this past year, but we can work through it, I'm willing to do whatever I can to make you happy. I always....you want to stay in Venice another week- why? Susan. We just need some alone ti- listen, Susan...I just - WHO WAS THAT? Tell me! Is that him! Susan. Susan! SUSAN!"

Robert threw his phone across the floor and it shattered everywhere.

I watched him walk furiously to, two huge double doors. He opened them and there were rows and rows, full of food.

Stashed behind some cereal, Robert pulled out a bottle of scotch.

I walked up the hallway with my head down and hands in my front pockets, of Roberts sweat-shirt. I calmly leaned against the wall as her poured himself a glass of scotch.

"I thought drinking was behind you?"

I asked calmly.

"It was." Robert putting emphasis on the word 'was.'

"Don't do something you'll regret Robert-"

Robert quickly cut me off.

"There's no such this as 'regret' Miss Abaworthy, because at some point in time, it's exactly what you wanted."

Robert raised his glass and looked me in the eyes. His face full of sorrow, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Cheers to cheating wives," and he downed his glass of scotch.

"Oh boy." I thought to myself.