"Nurse joy"

I battered my eyes, the slow beeping of the heart monitor rung in my ears.

*ugh* I groaned.

I looked to my left and saw nothing but a haze, "I don't know anything officer," I gurgled.

The figure moved closer and it was Phil.

"Don't worry Hun, I've got you."

He held my hand and I fell back asleep.

I woke up and looked at the clock.

"12:35am" it read.

My stomach grumbled.

I looked around, when I saw to my right on the bedside table was a bacon and egg sandwich with a note on top. It read, "Do you wanna hurry-up and wake up, I've made like 14 of these hoping to surprise you for when you do finally feel the urge to open those lazy eyes of yours - love Sam x"

I chuckled, and grabbed the sandwich.

Eating something never felt so good.

"Thanks Sam." I said to myself.

A figure walked into the room, I was frightened, but she reassured me its okay, telling me she was a nurse. She came to my bedside, sat down and asked me if everything was okay and if I needed anything.

Politely I said no, she nodded and smiled ag me. She had a beautiful smile.

So she got up and left for the door, but before she left I asked her a question.

"How long was I out for?"

"Almost 3 weeks sweets, everyone's worried about you."

"3 weeks!?" I whispered loudly.

The nurse chuckled, "in all honesty, you're lucky to be alive dal. You lost a lot of blood that night, and when you pulled that stunt of getting up out of bed, you lost even more blood, that was when you were really asking for your death wish. But I knew you'd make it through, you're a fighter."

We both giggled, "thank you nurse...uhm-"

"Joy." She swiftly answered and left the room.

With that I fell asleep again and woke up to the sun shining through the windows.

Paul, Sam and Sandy sat by my bedside, they knew I had woken up because I had eaten half of my sandwich.

As I opened my eyes, they all glared at me, with thankful faces, a sigh of relief drifting over them.

"Kenna." I heard Sandy's voice pipe up.

"You sneaky minx you." I replied to her, she launched over to me, hugging me gently and kissed me on the forehead.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, with a smile on her face.

"Better than before." I sat up in my bed against the bed frame, the pain in my abdomen was there, but no were near as excruciating as before. I wiggled around until I was comfortable.

"How are we all." I asked confidently, like nothing had happened at all.

"You look like you were hit by a steam train girly." Sam said jokingly.

"Awh Sammy, always knowing how to win the girls hearts over."

We both winked at each other, I looked over at Paul and did nothing but smile.

We all sat there amongst each other bickering away like nothing had happened, laughing and having a good time until I asked, "How's Robert?"

The air fell silent, and Sam swallowed.