Chapter 9- Paper Airplane

Zayn:

"Liam, I'm really worried about Harry." Louis sighed.

"I am too." Liam agreed, holding my head in my hands.

"You don't think that they were..." I began.

"What?" Louis asked.

"You know... more than friends?" I said softly. "I mean he's taking this awful hard."

"That's ridculous Zayn, you know  that Harry is straight as a ruler." Liam stated.

"I know..I guess it just seems like....He's not acting like himself anymore." I said glancing over at what was once the most popular kid in school. He was curled into a ball, his head resting on his knees and his back agaist a tree. His hair was an absolute mess. He had on what looked to be his oldest pair of jeans and a oversized plaid button up.

"What can we do though?" Louis asked. "I hate see him like this."

"Maybe a girl?" I suggested.

Liam shot me a glare. "He doesn't need a girl, what he needs is closure. Weather Niall be dead or alive he needs to know. He can't just go around hopeing and praying that he'll come back. The worst kind of pain is not knowing." He said.

Louis and I glanced at each other and then to Harry. "What are we going to do?" We both asked at exactly the same moment. Any other time we would've jinxed each other and then went around slapping each other's bums but today was not that day for that.

Liam shrugged. "I have an idea." He said. 

Harry:

I stood up and pulled my phone out of my pocket. Niall was alive! He was alive! After he had texted me I immeadiately responded asking where he was. Now I was waiting on his response.

"Hey guys!" I smiled at my mates.

"Hey .. Harry." They echoed. They didn't sound very excited.

"What's wrong with you guys?" I asked as I hopped up onto the counter.

"We were wondering the same about you?" Zayn said carefully.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Whay has gotten into you?" Liam asked.

I bit my lip trying to decide weather or not I should tell them. I pulled out my phone and passed it to Liam who then passed it to the others with a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"Bloody Hell." He said.

"I know right?" I beamed. I had never felt so light.

"HARRY! Why didn't you take this to the police? They can track his phone!" Liam shouted.

My eyes popped out of my head as I mentally smacked myself. "Oh my God! I've gotta go!" I said snatching my phone out of Louis hands and taking off across the yard. The police station was only a block away. I could see it getting closer and closer with each pounding footstep.

I pulled open the heavy door and the cool AC hit my face instantly cooling me. 

"Harry?!" My dad asked looking up from his desk. I noticed that everyone else was also watching me.

"Hi dad!" I breathed." Niall texted me last night." I said a few of the guys stood up including myfather.

"What?" My dad asked.

"Yeah, look." I said tossing him my phone. 

"James, I need you to track this message." My dad said as he hooked a cord into my phone. A group of guys huddled around his desk. I stood back against the wall and waited impatiently for one of them to say something.

"Shit!" My dad said.

"What? What is it?" I asked nervously.

"His phone is no longer in service." He explained.

"Which means?" 

"Either he destroyed it or someone else did." My dad said quietly. Once again I felt my heart sink into my stomach. Someone else did... No, no niall just didn't want to be found. That's all.

"But we do have a diameter." James pointed out. He traced a red pen around a large area that surrounded the small town of Hastings on that map. I noticed the pictures and marks that were all over the mapped board. There were picutres of Niall. Pictures of foot prints.

"Harry, go back to school." My dad said.

I nodded slowly and backed out of the police station. I couldn't go back to school. Instead I ran out to the woods. I was going to find him if it took the rest of my life.

He stood up at the sound of frightened people and the sight of flickering flashlights. They were coming, They were going to find him. He panicked and raced out the back door, carefull not to leave any trail that he had been living there for the past 4 weeks. His hand fell to his pocket where the fragments of his broken phone sat. He ran quickly and quietly until he felt safe enough to turn around. Hiding behind a tree, he glanced back at the lights. He could hear the mummuring voices.

"Styles, I think I heard something." Someone called.

The boys mind went directly to the one he used to love. He felt his heart ache. Pressing his forehead hard against the bark of the tree he pushed the thoughts away.

"OVER HERE!" Another shouted. He noticed that they were coming right for him.  He took a deep breath and started off into the darker part of the forrest. Branches snagged at my skin and the tall grass threatened to pull him. Suddenly he felt a sharp prick on his left arm and then he fell foreward scraping his entire shin. He wanted to cry out in pain but he knew they would hear him. Instead, he pushed on. 

Harry:

Everything was dark. I fell to my knees as the tears poured over my cheeks. This was hopeless. I was never going to find him. I felt frustrated and weak. I was Harry Styles! I could do anything and everything. If I really wanted to....except this.

"Niall." I called softly. "Niall, I wish you were here. I -I just want to see you, I want to know that you are okay. You mean the world to me, I just...I wish I would've know sooner." I said as if he was hiding in the bushes.

I was trying to coo out an injured animal that didn't exsist. 

Suddenly I heard a soft snap and looked up to see a bright pair of blue eyes staring at me. 

"NIALL?" I asked. I closed my eyes, but when I opened them against he was gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door opened and my dad stepped through he was soaking wet and looked very tired. My mum went up to him and helped him out of his jacket.

"Harry." My dad sighed.

"Yeah?"

"Were you out in the woods today?" He asked.

I froze. "No." I shook my head.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded. 

"Well we found you're necklace out there today." He said pulling out the familiar gold chain.

"I uh, I gave that to Niall." I said.

He nodded and shoved it back into his pocket. "We found this by an old cabin out in the woods, We are running samples now, We think he may have been living there." 

I swallowed hard. 

"James found blood today." he said.

"Des," My mum warned. I stood up from the couch.

"What?" 

"We found blood." He repeated. "Alot of it." 

I suddenly felt sick. My dad's phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled it out. I watched as his face sunk. He didn't have to say anything. I knew it was Nialls.

vote.COMMENT.fan.