Chapter 21- Sweater Weather

Harry:

I pulled into the nearest hotel parking lot and turned to Niall. "We'll stay here, just for the night." I told him.

He didn't respond. I climbed out and moved around to the passenger side.I bent down over him so our faces were only inched apart. "I will protect you," I promised. "This time." 

He still didn't respond. He was frozen in his seat with fear, or maybe shock. "I'm going to go get us a room." I shut the car door and locked it twice, just to be sure. 

I jogged into the hotel lobby and got a room. 50$ a night. He definitely wouldn't be able to stay here long. I thanked the lady at the counter and jogged back out to Niall. He still hadn't moved, eyes still locked on the dashboard.

I opened his door and waited for him to get out, but he didn't budge.

"Niall, baby come on." I said softly. I huffed in defeat and just decided to carry him. I reached across his small frame and unbuckled his belt. Then I wrapped my arms under his knees and beneath his arms. He was still just as light as I remembered. He clung tightly to my neck as if he thought I would drop him any second. The whole time he hid his face in my chest to avoid being recognized. Once inside the hotel room I sat him down on the bed and then went back out to get our bags. When I came back his face was almost as white as the bedspread that he sat atop.

"Niall?" I asked softly as I shut the door behind me, being sure to lock it. "It's okay, you're safe now." I promised.

He shook his head. "They are going to find us." 

"Shhh, no they won't." I assured him even thought I wasn't quite sure of it myself. I climbed on the bed with him and wrapped my arms around him pulling him into my lap.

"I hope you don't mind, I got the one bed suite." I said trying to get his mind off of the current situtation.

"It's okay." He said. I smiled and pressed a soft kiss to his temple. "I am going to protect you, Niall." I promised again. Saying it out loud helped me to believe it. After everything that happened it was hard for me even to trust myself around him.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. 

He nodded ever so slightly.

"The clerk told me there was a resturant on the 3rd floor." I told him.

His eyes lit up for a moment only to fall again. 

"It could be, like a date." I suggested. 

He shook his head. "Someone might see me." He said.

I couldn't help but feel disappointed, but I knew he was right. "Okay well, they order out too. I'll go pick up a menu." I told him. It was hard to meet his eyes. I didn't want him to see how truly upset I was.

Everything was so complicated. I grabbed a menu from the front desk and then jogged back up the stairs to our room. I could've taken the elevator but I figured it would take longer.

Niall was waiting for me when I got back. He stood up when I walked through the door.

"Harry?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I responded as I scanned over the menu.

"W-we could h-have a d-date here." He stuttered. I looked up at him to find him blushing like a madman. My heart swelled with joy.

"One condition," I said.

"What's that?" He nearly whispered.

"I get to ask you." I said. I put down the menu and reached out for his waist.