Chapter 26- Say Something

Harry:

The next week seemed to fly by, but not in the good way. Niall was unusually quite, almost like he was when I first found him. He stayed in my room most of the day according to my mum. While I went to school. Louis had told the other lads, but I didn't have the heart to be angry with him. They deserved to know anyways. They took it rather well and promised to keep it quiet until Niall came to school himself.

My dad had postponed the case and was waiting until Niall would come to the station and give a statement. Unfortunately today was his last day. He hadn't spoken to his parents either. They came over almost everyday, trying to get him to talk to them. 

I stepped into the house and threw my bag down on the couch. It was finally Friday. I found Niall in the kitchen talking to my mum. I was starting to think that he liked my mum more than he liked me. 

"Harry, Love, how was your day?" My mum asked.

I shrugged. "Uneventful." I said.

Niall studied me with his pretty blue eyes. "Hi Niall." I smiled. 

"H-Hi." He stuttered. He was so cute. 

"Are you hungry Harry? I was just getting ready to make some sandwiches." 

"Yeah sure, thanks mum." I said, still holding Niall's stare. My mum went to the fridge and I went to Niall. 

"Come with me." I whispered into his ear and grabbed his hand.

He followed me willingly out to the back garden. We set off hand in hand into the deep forest of beautiful plants. I stopped him by the creek where there sat a little bench. Instead of sitting on the bench I sat down in the grab by the edge of the water.

Everything was silent but the river and the occasional bird. I wanted so badly for him to talk to me.

"Say something." He mumbled.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Anything." 

"Well I can't say what I want to say." I said truthfully.

"Why not?" 

"Because you don't feel the same way." I told him.

His eyes dropped to the water. I hated admitting it to myself but I knew it was true.

"Can I say something then?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Thank you." He said. 

"For what?" 

"For everything, Harry. Everything." 

I was silent. I didn't know what to say. I leaned towards him, desperately wanting to kiss him but he pulled back.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We- I can't..." He began. "I don't-"

"You don't what?" I asked as I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach.

"I... I don't know how to say this after everything you've done for me." He said. 

"Just say it... please?" I begged. 

"I don't love...you." He said. "Anymore."

I felt my heart shatter a little bit, but it wasn't like it was something that I didn't already know. He told me in the beginning that he didn't want anything to do with me.

"I'm sorry Harry." He said.

"It's alright, you know. I can't always get what I want." I said standing up. "And truthfully," I said looking down at him. "I would give up everything I have for you to love me."