Chapter 22- Dark

Harry:

Niall hadn't calmed down a bit since we left last night. I felt terrible. I wanted him to be happy, but truly I wanted him to come back home. It took everything I had not to turn right and take him home. I knew he would never trust me again after that.

"Any ideas?" I asked. We had been in the car for almost 2 entire hours.

Silence.

"I don't know what you want me to do!" I said suddenly exploding. Surprising not only Niall but myself. This was incredibly frustrating. He wouldn't let me take him home but he wouldn't help me. "Seriously Niall there has to be somewhere else you stayed before you went to the cabin." 

"Turn right." He said.

I slammed on the brakes noticing that the next right turn was only a few meters away.

"A warning would be nice." I grumbled as I swung around the corner and began to speed up again.

"There is a cabin up here on the right." He said. 

I drove on for about another 15 minutes until I saw a small cabin in the woods. "This?" I asked. He nodded. I pulled into the driveway and suddenly it seemed as if I was already 9 o clock. The trees blocked out every bit of sunlight. 

I put the car in park and climbed out without even saying a word to Niall. I wasn't really mad, just confused as to why he wouldn't come back with me. I focused my eyes on the cabin trying to calm my frustration with him. 

"Harry?" He called softly.

I didn't respond and just a moment later I felt his hand on my arm. "I'm sorry." He whispered and then wrapped his arms around my waist frantically. "Please don't be mad at me." 

And just like that all of the tension in my body washed away and it was filled with comfort. I wrapped my arms around him aswell. "It's okay, Lets get our stuff yeah?" 

He nodded and pulled away hestitantly. He went to the trunk and grabbed out both of our bags. Carrying them with ease up to the door. He paused for a moment before kicking it in.

I joined him inside the cabin. It had exactly 3 rooms. A kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom. It could've been considered cute if there were lights.

I shut the door behind me just as Niall lit a lantern and sat it on a small table. It lit up the room enough for me to see that it wasn't completely disgusting. Livable, at the least. It looked as if there hadn't been anyone here for at least 10 years.

"I think I left some food in... here." He said moving towards the cupboard beneath the sink. 

Suddenly I realized that I was going to have to leave, but I couldn't leave him. He couldn't be out of my sight for a minute. I couldn't trust him anymore. Not after I read that journal.

"Niall," I said softly.

"What?" 

"I need to go home." I said.

His face fell. 

"I really don't want to leave you here, but..."

"No it's okay." He said softly.

"No I mean I can't leave you here."

His face turned to horror when he understood. 

"I need to go home, I need to see my mum." I said. I didn't want to force him, but he had to make a decision.

He nodded and swallowed hard. "You can just stay in the car, okay?" I told him.

"I love you okay?" I continued. "I will protect you."  He nodded, and for the first time I actually think he believed me.