Chapter 17- Crazy

Harry:

I ran my fingers through my hair still smiling about what had happened Monday night. It had been all I thought about the entire week.  I desperately wanted to see him again so that was exactly what I was going to do.

Due to the police uncovering another body they pushed the funeral to next weekend. Maura was beginning to lose it so my mum suggested they take the weekend and all go to London, leaving me home alone.

"If you go out don't forget to lock the doors and no parties." My dad said sternly.

"Don't do anything stupid. We'll be home Sunday evening." My mum said. She pressed a kiss to my cheek and then grabbed her bag. Bobby and Maura were waiting in the driveway. 

My dad gave me a warning glance before he shut the door behind him.

I raced back to my bedroom and grabbed the bag that I had packed earlier. As soon as their car disappeared I jumped into mine. 

After a long 40 minute drive, I pulled up to the cabin and climbed out. This was it.

I pushed the heavy wooden door open and called out his name.

He appeared around the corner wearing my old navy blue sweater and khaki skinnies. His hair was actually done for once. I smiled. He had gotten dolled up for me. 

"Hi." He said awkwardly.

"Hey." I smiled.

"How was your week?" He asked.

"Long." I said as I plopped down on the couch. He came and joined me sitting crossed legged facing me. "How was yours?"

"Boring." He said.

"What do you do all day long?" I asked just trying to make conversation although there was one question I was dying to ask.

He shrugged.

"How long are you staying?" He asked.

"All weekend, if you want me."

For a second I saw his eyes light up.

"So do you?" I asked. 

"What?" He asked.

"Do you want me to stay?" I asked.

"You can if you want." He said all the sudden becoming cold again. I couldn't let it happen not after I had gotten so far.

"I know I can but do you want me to?" I asked leaning towards him a little. But that was all it took. His eyes fluttered and a blush came to his cheeks. I breathed in his scent, he smelled like my dad's old aftershave. My heart swelled at how adorable he was.

"Y-Yes." He stuttered.

"Okay then." I smiled and pulled away from him. I pulled my legs to my chest and rested my chin on my knees just watching him. He seemed to be uncomfortable under my gaze.

"What?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you staring at me? Do I have something on my face?" He asked as his hands moved to his face to check.

"No, sorry I just like the way you look today, everyday actually." 

He blushed and hid his beautiful face in the back on the couch. His hands were twisted into a nervous ball and he looked so perfect. I can not believe I missed out on this. If only I could go back and turn everything around. 

The sun was pouring in through the windows and over his small figure making him even more beautiful. Usually the curtains stayed closed but I guessed that he had opened them. 

"So um, what do you want to do today?" I asked.

He sighed. "I don't know."

"We could go canoeing?" I suggested.

His lips threatened to smile but instead he just nodded. 

"We should take lunch." I said.

"Okay, I think I have some already made sandwiches." 

"Cool." 

We both stood up and made our way into the kitchen and packed a nice lunch in a picnic basket. I pulled on my sweater and grabbed a few blankets. It tended to get rather cold especially since we were nearing the middle of November.