Chapter 28- Hot For Me

3 Weeks Later

"Harry! HARRY! You have mail!" My mom shouted excitedly. 

I jumped to my feet and raced down stairs. My mom and I had sent in my college applications a couple of weeks ago and I was hoping this was a response.

"It's from Cheshire." She smiled.  My hands were trembling with anticipation as I reached for the light blue envelope. I tore open the top and took a deep breath.

"Mum, what if I didn't get in?" I asked.

"Oh Harry, I just know you did." She said grabbing my shaking hands. I slowly pulled out the letter and scanned the words quickly. I found it, right at the top a large "Congratulations!" 

"MOM!" I shouted.

Tears came to her eyes as she threw her arms around me. "I'm so proud of you baby." 

"Where is your father?" She asked

"What's going on?" My Dad shouted from the garage as appeared around the corner.

"Dad, I got into Cheshire!" 

"That's my boy!" He smiled.

I couldn't believe it, not even two months ago I had no idea what I was going to do with my life. I was also wrapped up in Niall, not that I didn't still love him but now I was a different kind of love. The kind that was able to wait.

Niall! I had to tell Niall. 

"I'll be back." I said. I threw the papers at my mum and ran out the door. I sprinted across my neighbors lawn and knocked on Niall's door roughly.

He pulled the door open and looked at me, confused.

"I got into Cheshire!" I shouted.

"Really? That's great!" He smiled.

I jumped up and engulfed him in a tight hug. "I'm so happy for you!" He said.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Harry, your father and I were talking, and we think that you need to get a job to help pay for college." My mom told me as we sat around the dinner table.

"Okay,"

"And since you're not going for footie, it'll be a good idea to see what a real jobs feels like."

I nodded. "I'll look around tomorrow." 

"Actually, I've already found you one." My dad smiled.

"Okay, where at?" 

"The sports store in town."

"FreeStyle Sports?" I asked.

He nodded. 

"They said you can start tomorrow." 

The next day at lunch I announced to the lads that I had got into Cheshire. They all congratulated me. Most all fo the them had already been accepted into their college of choice. Louis was going to the Art School for Drama, Liam was going to the States to study to be a lawyer, and Zayn was going to Mayview Uni. 

The bell rang and we all headed off to our next classes. Before I could turn into my classroom Niall grabbed me by the arm and pulled me over to his locker. 

"What are you doing tonight?" He asked.

My heart skipped a beat. "Working." 

"You have a job?"

"It's my first day," I told him.

"Oh, Well what time do you get off? Could you come over later?" He asked.