Chapter 11

Wesley's POV

I woke up with Sammy in my arms and I couldn't stop the smile from spreading on my face. I liked feeling like I was protecting her in my arms. Like nothing was able to hurt her anymore. I noticed she started to stir in her sleep and I just kept watching until she opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Morning Wes." She said in a tired voice. It was so hot.

"Morning babe." I said and kissed the top of her head.

"I'm sorry about last night." She whispered hiding her face in my chest.

"Hey. There is nothing to be sorry about. Everyone cries once and awhile." I said as I pulled her in closer to me.

"You're amazing." She said softly as she lifted her head off my chest and stared deep into my eyes. I brought my hand up to her cheek and rubbed my thumb back and forth. I started to lean in. I saw her close her eyes and just as our lips were about to touch she moved her head to the side making me kiss her cheek instead.

"I'm sorry." She whispered barely audible.

"No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." I apologize and tilt my head down a little embarrassed.

"No. I want to kiss you Wes." She started to say and my head shot up. "Just... not like this. Not after having a complete breakdown in front of you last night. I want it to be special. Not with dry mascara down my face and my hair being such a mess."

"It's okay. I understand. Why don't I take you out tonight? Get your mind off everything. Like a date. Our first real date." I said the last part with a wink trying to lighten the mood. It worked because she cracked  up laughing.

"That was the worst wink ever!" after her laughing died down a little she spoke again. "I'd like that." A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

"Great. I'll meet you outside at 5. I'm gonna go but if you need anything at all Sammy, please text me. Okay?"

"Okay." She said and nodded her head.

I walked out of the house and into mine. Drew, like always was sitting on the couch. I swore he knew exactly when I was coming home because he is always in the same spot when I walk through the door. He put his guitar down and looked at me.

"Already getting it in? No wonder you didn't come home last night." Drew says congratulating me.

"No. Nothing happened." I say kind of annoyed. I know that is usually I would have done it by now but I thought Drew realized after our talk that I wanted an actual relationship with her. Not just some fling.

"Then where were you last night?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"I was with Sammy. But nothing happened. It's a long story." I can't tell Drew about Sammy's past. I'm the only one she ever told and I need to keep it that way. I gave him the look that said he should drop it right now.

"Wait. Are you actually serious?" He looked really surprised.

"Yeah. We walked on the beach and talked. She started crying telling me something and I stayed over to comfort her." I told him.

"Why was she crying?"

"Not really my place to say, but I have to go." I say to him and make my way into my room. I need to think of the perfect date for Sammy. I want to make it really special. Romantic. Unique. Not like dinner, or a movie, or bowling. I mean those dates are cool and fun and all but I want to do something fun and cute. She deserves it. Something that I can play the guy figure and wrap my arms around her as I teach her to do something. I've got the perfect idea!