Chapter 10

Wesley's POV

I asked Sammy if she wanted to do something for the rest of the day but she had to go home because of homework. I just parked outside of my house and we went our separate ways after I gave her a hug. I opened the front door and saw Drew chilling on the couch. As soon as I closed the door he turned to face me.  

"So I guess I owe you money then huh?" Drew says facing the TV. Shit. I thought he would just forget about the bet. Yeah, I won it and all but I don't want the money. I just made the bet to prove that I could get a girl like Sammy to date me; the money was just a plus.

"Drew, I don't want the money. Just keep it." I say as I sit next to him.

"I can't do that. You know me Wes. I follow through with things. I lost the bet and now I have to pay you. I'll get it to you soon."

I just sigh. There is no point in arguing with him about this. Drew always keeps his promises, and that includes paying up when he losses a bet. I guess there is no harm in taking the money, right? Plus, it's not like Sammy will ever find out. I'll just take the money and never bring up the bet again. No harm no foul.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out and look at the ID. It's Sammy.

Sammy: Hey, finished my homework. Still want to hang out?

Wesley: Yeah. I'll be right there.

I get up and head towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I hear Drew call from behind me.

"I'm going to hang out with Sam. I'll be back later."

"You really like her don't you?" Drew says as more of a statement than a question. I sigh and walk back over to him on the couch.

"Yeah. I do." I say as I nod my head. "She's different man."

"I'm happy for you Wes." He says. I just nod my head and head out the door. As I walk up to Sammy's front door, I see her open it before I can even knock.

"Hey. What took you so long?" She asks as she grabs my hand and starts walking out of the house.

"Sorry. I was talking to Drew." I say back to her, not wanting to mention what we were talking about.

"Oh okay. Well I was thinking we could go to the beach." She says looking up at me to make sure that I was okay with it.

"Sounds great. Let's go!" I say and pull he onto my back piggy back style.

"Wes!? What are you doing!?" She screams with laughter.

"Carrying you to the beach. What does it look like?" I laugh back.

"You're insane."

"Tell me something I don't know."

We get to the beach and Sam jumps off my back and kisses my cheek. "Thank you for the piggy back ride."

"Anytime." I say with a smile on my face. We intertwine our hands and start walking towards the beach. We don't talk for awhile but it is comfortable silence. I look at her and it seems as if she is deep in thought. I stop walking and turn towards her grabbing her other hand, so that both of them were intertwined with mine.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask her.

"Nothing. Just stuff." She says looking down.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not right now. Another time maybe." I could tell something was bothering her, but I didn't want to pressure her into telling me anything she didn't feel comfortable telling me.