Chapter 23

Darkness. Darkness was all Killian could see. He put his hand up in front of his face, and he could barely see that. Then a light appeared. A small but bright light came from across the room. He walked to it and found that his footsteps echoed on the black tile. As he got closer to the light, he realized it was a torch. The torch was beside a wooden door. He reached for the doorknob but a voice boomed behind him.

"Killian."

He turned around and saw Emma. He ran up to her and tried to kiss her, but she backed out of his touch.

"Swan, what's wrong?"

"There's someone else Killian."

He stood in disbelief. "And who would that be?"

Neal appeared behind Emma. He wrapped his arm around her and she smiled sweetly.

"Him. After all that we have been through, I realized that he was right." Emma stepped closer to him. "You aren't worth it. You have tried to kill me. So I'm going to do the same to you. Only I, won't fail, and it won't be an accident."

Killian stood back. A face full of fear. Emma raised a gun and just as she was about to pull the trigger, he woke up. But this time, he was on the Jolly Roger.

"Bloody hell. Another dream." He said.

"Oh my Gods, Hook!" He heard a woman scream. He turned around and Princess Emma had fire in her eyes and an angry expression on her face.

"Don't yell at me love." Hook said.

"I will yell at you because this is your fault! You said that you made the deal with Zelena! That you gave her the slippers that she wanted."

"I did."

"Well then why did a flying monkey come and try to kill us?"

"I don't know Emma! Let's just go to Camelot. Your father couldn't find us there, could he?"

"Yes he could. The king is one of his closest friends. I still don't know how my father doesn't see it. Arthur is cunning. He will do what ever it takes to try to get what is best for his kingdom."

"I know the man. He pulled Excalibur from the stone."

"Where else could we go?"

"I don't know love."

Princess Emma turned around and walked to the edge of the ship. She peered over at the water. "You know what else you don't know?" She looked over her shoulder. "I'm pregnant."

Killian and Hook both had their jaws dropped.

"Pregnant?" Hook asked.

"Indeed. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I understand if you want to send me back now. A ship is no place to raise a child." Princess Emma said.

Then Killian woke up. He looked over and Emma laid there peacefully. He brushed the hair away from her face and planted feather touch kisses on her neck and cheek. She smiled in her sleep.

"I love you." Killian whispered in between kisses.

"I love you too." Emma mumbled.

He moved away from her neck and looked at her. Emma's eyes were still closed, but she had the biggest smile on her face.

"Sorry I woke you love."

"That's the best thing to wake up to."

Killian chuckled. "I have a serious question for you."

Emma opened her eyes and looked at her boyfriend. "What is it."

He took a deep breath. "Are you pregnant?"

Emma's eyes widened. "No, why would you say that?"

"No reason. I just wondered."

Emma nodded not trusting his words. Her human lying detector was going off. She placed her hand on his. "You know that I know that you are lying."

Killian sighed. "In the dream of us in the alternate universe, Princess Emma was with child. I wondered if you were as well."

"No, sadly I'm not. Do you want kids?"

He nodded his head. "Aye. But it's too early now. Once we get out of school, would you like to try?"

Emma looked at him and smiled. "Killian, nothing would make me happier."

Killian kissed Emma and hopped out of bed. He went out to the kitchen and there was a letter in front of the door. He picked it up and opened it.

'I noticed that he saw your marks. What did he think of them? It's haunting him. I can tell. How does it feel hiding all of this from him? Because for me, it's fun.'

Killian's jaw dropped. It was true. All of this was haunting him. He threw a glass across the room. Emma came running out of the bedroom.

"Killian, are you okay?" She asked.

"Perfect." He said walking away from her.

"No you're not."

"What makes you say that I'm not?"

"Because you are pulling away from me!"

He slammed his fist on the counter. "Don't worry about me. Just go back to bed."

"I'm not leaving you alone until you tell me what the hell is wrong! Is it because of Neal?"

Killian stayed quiet.

"That's what I thought. You know what? I can clearly see that this is too much for you. I'll leave and when this is all over, I will come back. But that's if you even want me to." Emma said.

"No Emma, don't. Yes this is a lot, but no I don't want you to leave."

"It's what's best Killian."

She went into the bedroom and threw some clothes in a bag. Killian stood in the doorway.

"I'm not letting you leave love."

"You aren't my father, and you aren't going to tell me what to do!" Emma yelled.

"I love you. We are going to get through this together." Killian said calmly.

"You just made it very clear that this is too much for you. How do you think I feel? You aren't the one getting attacked or hunted! I am! You just pretend to know what I feel, but guess what Killian! You don't, and you never will." Emma yelled in tears.

"Swan, stop." He walked over to her and kneeled next to her on the ground. "Please don't go. I love you and I'm just trying to protect you."

"Me too. That's why I'm doing this." She stoop up but Killian grabbed her arm to keep her close to him.

He laid kisses up her arm, starting from her knuckles and up to the middle of her arm. "Please stay."

Her phone buzzed on the side table. He walked over to it and read the text aloud.

'Leave. If you leave, we can be together. Forever. Nobody will get in the way.'