44| The One She Loves

I'm not sure how or when it happened, but moments after collapsing into Jasper's arms and sobbing into his nice button up shirt, I was dragged into darkness. One minute I was being carried to the waiting room, and the next I am here in his bed at home. Or rather his home, although I've been here so many times it might as well be ours.

The moment I woke up I had a million questions flooding my mind about what happened earlier. I almost let myself believe that it was just a dream and today was my actual graduation day, but the smell of disinfectant that still clung to my skin was undeniable. This was my graduation day. Wrapped in Jasper's covers after sobbing on him with my brother in the hospital.

I started to get up to search for Jasper when I heard footsteps coming around the corner until they came to a stop. I turned over to see the man that I love leaning against the door frame with a mug in his hand. I was glad to see that he changed out of his nice clothes that I messed up and into something comfortable.

"Allison," He took two strides before sitting down next to me, gently running his fingertips over my forehead. "You okay?"

I had to really think about how to answer that. Physically, I am fine. I am wrapped up in the most comfortable bed. But other than that?

"Not really," I admitted, my voice scratchy from crying so much.

He frowned before offering his mug to which I gladly accepted. Normally I don't like how he makes his coffee, but I needed something warm on my throat. After swallowing the bitter contents with a hint of sweetness he took the mug and set it down on the table. "Scooch over some, babe."

I did as he told and made room for him. When he laid down next to me I instantly felt better. He was like the human version of endorphins or something. Just being around him was soothing enough.

He wrapped his arms around me like a second blanket holding me close to his chest. I felt so safe and comfortable with him that I allowed a few tears to slip by but I didn't want him to see them. I buried my face in his chest finding comfort in this spot. His warm hands gently went up and down my bare back while kissing my forehead over and over. When we got here he must have taken off my clothes but left on my undergarments. Either he did this because he's a pervert, or he knows how I hate sleeping in loose clothes because I manage to get twisted in them. The possible answer is both.

"I wish I could take away this pain," he whispered, frustration in his voice.

I scooted closer to him. "Just being with you makes me feel better, Jasper."

He twisted his long legs around mine until we were completely tangled up in each other. There wasn't a place on our bodies that didn't touch another and I loved it.

We laid in his dark room buried in silence and blankets taking in the comfort of one another when I thought of something.

"How did you know I was at the hospital?" I asked.

He sighed through his nose. "It's all over the news right now. I heard it on the radio coming to your graduation."

"Coming to my graduation? So he crashed before graduation?"

"I'm actually not sure," he admitted.

I wasn't relaxed anymore thinking about it all. Jasper must have realized this so he started massaging my shoulders. It was quiet again before he spoke up, "I got off the phone with your grandmother a little while ago."