33| Lake Ella

-D E D I C A T I O N-
I would love to dedicate this chapter to deesmith004 (: About a month ago I saw her story on the hot list and wanted to talk to her so badly but I didn't think she would ever notice me. Now fast forward to today and she is not only a reader of my story but a wonderful supporter. And it's crazy because I'm obsessed with her story! I hope you all check out Hunter's Chance, you won't regret it it's so addicting!
Now on to the story!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was dreaming of floating on a cloud that smelled oddly like spice and honey when the feeling of warm lips against my temple rouse me from my sleep. "Allison?" came a husky voice. "Wake up, babe. We are here," another soft kiss along with a little jostle.

My eyes struggled to pry themselves open, they were covered under a thick layer of sleep. I blinked a few times trying to get readjusted when I finally realized what he had said. We are here already? That took like five minutes! Slowly I peeled myself off of Jasper's arm to look up at him groggily, "That was fast."

"It is when you sleep for over an hour," he chuckled wiping the stray hairs from my face.

I stiffened, shocked by his words. I never take naps unless I am extremely comfortable or sick. My throat does feel slightly scratchy, but my body wasn't aching. If anything I felt very refreshed. I should nap more often.

With a quick stretch I began to look out the window when his hand caught my chin turning me back towards him, "Don't look just yet. I want to get a little closer before you see it." He opened his car door, "Stay right here and don't peek," his voice serious.

I saluted him, "Yes, sir."

The edge of his lips curled up before he stepped out and closed the door behind him. The silence in the car was replaced with the sound of his muffled footsteps. They came to a halt outside my door. He tapped the window, "Close your eyes," his voice commanded behind the door.

I roll my eyes even though he couldn't see. "You wake me up from my sleep only to make me to close my eyes all over again. Why would--?"

"Just close your eyes," he urged. A second later he added, "Please."

With a huff, I obeyed, hoping not to fall back asleep. After a few seconds, the door opened, and his hand took mine and guided me out of the car. The first thing I noticed was the lack of other sounds except for the loud bird calls. The scent of pine was everywhere along with the sound of leaves rustling against the wind.

He guided me forward, his hands over my eyes. "On the count of three, open your eyes," he whispered into my ear. "One." My heartbeat picked up. "Two." I gripped the hem of my sweater. "Three." He lifted his hands.

I gasped at the sight before me.

All around, an abundance of trees reached for the yellowing sky as if trying to brush the clouds; their trunks protectively circled the lake. With the sunset peeking through the branches and reflecting off the water, it looked as if the lake was made from gold. Birds flew above, back and forth, cawing as they traveled around. It was a beautiful sight, but what stood at the center took my breath away.

A large house made entirely of stone and wood sat near the edge of the lake. A wooden deck wrapped the house and transformed into a dock that spilled out into the golden waters. Through the house's large glass windows, I could faintly see different rooms illuminated by lights. A chandelier near the front of the house had me do a double take. It was practically the size of my car.