Christmas Festival

24 Days Of Christmas, Story 1

On the cold morning of December 24th, Wendy walked along the flushed street of Magnolia, the cold breeze going right through her dark denim jeans.

The tenth grader hummed softly to herself, admiring the décor of the houses and lamp posts, with all their colorful lights and garlands, the girl scarcely managed to dodge running into a lamp post that was right in front of her. She laughed softly at herself, noticing all of the people getting ready for the Christmas Festival, which was only a few hours away. Friends getting together - if only she had any friends - couples holding hands - if only she knew how to fall in love - and parents holding their children and buying them hot chocolate - if only she had parents - .

The girl's cheery mood fell short, and she looked at the ground with longing. She was bundled with soft winter boots, a nice red coat, a blue scarf and black ear muffs. Her hands were practically freezing, and she made a mental note to wear gloves or mittens the next time she went out.

She would love  to go to the Christmas Festival, but she would feel so embarrassed, being the only one without anybody. She had never gone to the Christmas Festival, seeing as she had no one to go with her, and it was a small wish of hers to actually go with someone, a loved one, she hoped.

She stopped dead in her tracks at the call of her name. Surely, they must be calling somebody else. She thought and was about to continue walking when she saw somebody come up behind her, bundled up almost as much as she was, maybe even more. She turned around and noticed Romeo, a boy from her math, science and social studies class. She looked around to make sure that he was talking to somebody else, but he stopped right in front of her.

"Hey, Wendy." He said and she looked at him strangely. He had never even tried to talk to her before. He rocked on his feet, not enjoying the awkward silence. He decided not to use small talk and to get right to the point. "You wanna grab a hot chocolate?" He asked and she stared at him. "Or not.... I mean you probably have better things to do..." He said and was about to turn around when she spoke. "Actually, that would be lovely." She smiled, her cheeks turning red, though it wasn't noticeable because of the cold. He nodded and seemed to just stand there, his own cheeks flushed.

Then they headed off to a Starbucks, which, in both of their opinions, served the best hot chocolates ever. They sipped at their drinks in complete silence, and then Wendy noticed another couple entering, then another, and another.... She nearly choked on her drink because she had tried to hold back laughter. Once she had swallowed, she giggled softly to herself. "What's so funny?" Romeo's face made her jump, and remember that he was there.

She smiled and concealed another giggle, feeling more happy then she ever had in her entire life. "Oh, nothing." He smiled back at her, and she felt her heart flutter. Another silence enveloped the two. "So.... what do you like to do?" He asked and she had to think about it. What did she do for fun?

"Well, I like reading, mostly romance.... don't look at me like that! I'm a girl. I have my rights." She huffed when he looked at her strangely. "I guess I like drawing, and watching anime." She said and he laughed. "Wow, I never knew that you were a nerd." He teased and she waved her hand at him. She had never felt so, social, in her entire life. She had never been so carefree with someone, and she had always been shy. what was so special about him? She didn't know. Not at all.

"I was thinking... If you don't have other plans.... Maybe you wanna go to the Festival, together?" He asked and her eyes widened. A huge smile graced her lips. "I'd love that." She answered and he smiled at her. "Great." He replied.

A/N: Sorry~! Had to cut it short 'cause...... I WANNA FINISH MY ANIME EPISODE! I'm in love with a new, romance anime, it's soooooooooooooooo soooooooooooo SSOOOOOOOOO good! It's called Romeo x Juliet, and I think it's all dubbed. If you like dub, that is, and I'm almost crying it's so good! Well, chow (What? I never said that before *^*)

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

~Strawberry-chan