The One

A/N: I know, I know. You guys are probably SUPER angry at me 'cause I didn't update in like a month...... SORRY! I have a ton of homework, but it's a long weekend so POSTPONE! I'm litterally going to FORCE myself to update a lot if I have to. Okay, another non-fiction, and...... oh! What If.....? Has it's own book now, since it was getting too long to be in here. You can check in my Works, you'll see it there. It's going to be a full-blown story and I am also updating that one today. ON WITH THE STORY! Shoot! I forgot to publish this after I finished writing it, YESTERDAY!! GAAAAHAH! On with the story :)

Romeo Conbolt sat on his bed with a frown and his face bland. His hair was messy and greasy, he had smelly pijamas on him, and he couldn't even think of how his breath may smell. 

"C'mon, Romeo. You have to get out and breath fresh air." His step-sister, Lucy Heartfilia told him. 

"Sorry, Lucy. I can't." He sulked and the blonde sighed. "If she wasn't able to accept you and see how great you are, she isn't the one." Lucy said and he looked out the  window. "Don't you think I know that?! It just.... It hurts so much." He exclaimed and she gave him a sad smile. 

"I know how much it hurts, Romeo. Cana's coming over for dinner, and I want her to see you. Okay? Get dressed, brush your teeth, take a shower, and come downstairs in three hours. Or else." She said with a dark aura before walking out. 

Let me explain to you what happened. Romeo was dating a girl, and her name was Chelia. They had been dating for seven years, and the twenty-four year old had proposed to her. But she declined without a second thought and told him that they were over. 

That had been two months before. He was cooped up in his room, not changing, not taking a shower, not exersising, barely eating, and not brushing his teeth, for two months. He hadn't moved from his bed, like he was bound to it by unbreakable chains. 

Slowly, he got up, stumbling as he did so, and leaned on the wall. His legs were shaking and his knees were buckling. He made his way to the bathroom and brushed his teeth over fifteen times, but his teeth were still yellow and his breath smelled worse than death. 

After fourty five minutes, his teeth were white, but his breath still smelled horrible, so he took a pack of Excel gum, and chewed them all, which Lucy had been clever enough to put there. 

He did the rest of his things, and put on plain jeans and a white T-Shirt. And socks. Can't forget the socks. The floor was so cold in his house! You can't blame him, can you?

He had two minutes to get downstairs before he faced Lucy's wrath. 

The doorbell rang and he heard Lucy opening it. "LUCY!!!! I brought this little cutie from work, and mhmmmm." Her voice was muffled, probably by Lucy's hand. Cana was one of Lucy's best friends, and Romeo groaned before he walked downstairs with a blank look in his eye and a frown on his face.

"Ahhh Romeo!" Cana said walking to him. She pinched his cheeks and stretched them like an old aunt would. 

She let go and grinned creepily at him. She had this glint in her eyes and he always knew she was up to know good whenever that happened. 

She stepped back and  pushed this small bluenette at him. She squeaked and Romeo steadied her. 

"Th-thank you." She stuttured her face beat red. She turned to Cana and walked like a robot towards her. 

"Well, me and Lucy need to catch up on things, see ya!" Cana shouted dragging Lucy out the door. "Wait! C-Cana!" Wendy shouted and her gaze trailed to the ground. 

There was an awkward silence between them, and Romeo looked at her closely. Her big brown eyes, her long hair drapped over her shoulders, how she unconsiously twiddled with her hair and fingers, the way she stood, everything about her was beautiful. 

He mentally shook his head. I can't think like that. But maybe Lucy is right. I should move on from Chelia. He sighed and she looked up. 

"Your name is Romeo?" She asked quietly. He looked at her and nodded. "I'm Wendy." She continued in the same soft voice. He nodded again and she looked up from the floor. Their eyes met and he felt something growing inside of him.

She averted her gaze, a blush on her cheeks. 

After that they spent hours talking to each other in the living room, and they didn't realize that they were getting closer, when the door opened and they sprung apart. "Wendy, it's time for us to go." Cana said and Wendy stood up, gave a timid smile to Romeo,  before following Cana out the door.

* * * * *  * * *

Four year later......

Romeo gulped and fidgeted nervously. Wendy and him had been a couple for almost four years, and his heart was racing. He was now twenty-eight, and she was twenty-four. 

Soon she walked through the doors, her hair was tied in a ponytail, she wore black jeans with a white off-shoulder shirt, a silver bracelet which he had gotten her for their two year anniversary and a little chain which she always seemed to wear. 

She walked up to him and smiled. He smiled back nervously.

They were at a fancy restaurant and they were chatting and eating and when they were almost done, he stood up and she looked at him in question. 

He kneeled down on the ground and took out a small velvet box.

"Wendy, will you..... marry me?" He asked getting nervous when she didn't say anything. 

Her hand was over her mouth and tears were in her eyes. She nodded, stood up and hugged him. "Yes..... Yes! Of course I will!" She said and he hugged her back. A wide smile was on his face and he slipped the ring onto her finger. 

The whole place errupted into fits of cheers and Wendy was smiling widely and so was Romeo. 

I guess that she is, the one. He thought and looked at the bluenette in front of him fondly. 

A year later, Wendy and Romeo got married, and lived their life together in happiness. 

A/N: Sooo? Good? Bad? I liked this one, personally. Well to next time and happy Thanks Giving just in case I don't update again this weekend!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

STAY AWESOME,

AND TUNED!

~ Strawberry-Chan