I Can't

A/N: This is also a non-fiction. Enjoy

Wendy looked at herself in the mirror, wearing a long white gown with a tiara on her head, and a white veil on her head.

She held a bouquet of red roses in her hands. "Wendy, it's time for you to walk down the isle." Someone said and Wendy looked from her reflexion to see her best friend Chelia looking at her with a pityful expression.

*Flashback*

Wendy sighed and looked at the engagement ring on her finger. She was engaged to her lover in which she had been in a relationship with for twelve years. The girl was twenty-four years old.

She was sitting on a hill near a river.

"Hey, Wendy." The girl looked behind her shoulder and saw one of her University friends coming towards her. "It's been a long time, Romeo." She said and hugged her knees.

Besides her best friend Chelia, she felt as if she could tell Romeo anything. He always knew whenever she was confused, sad, angry, and he always have her advice on how to solve her problems.

"What's wrong Wendy?" He asked sitting down next to her.

She sighed and hugged her knees tighter. "I'm getting married, but I...... I'm not sure anymore." She said and Romeo looked at her with a confused expression. "What do you mean by that Wendy?" He asked and she looks down at the river in sorrow. "I don't think I'll be able to love Mest forever. I feel as if we're breaking apart." She said and Romeo registered what she said.

"Well, do you know the reason that you feel as if you're breaking apart?" He asked and she shook her head. "No. I don't know, I just feel like our spark is fading. We don't act like we used to. We barely talk to each other anymore. I don't understand. I feel so confused." She explained.

"I feel as if I have feelings for someone else." She said and closed her eyes.

"Do what your heart tells you." He said.

Without warning, Wendy planted her lips on his. His eyes widened and she pulled back and ran away.

*Flashback End*

She had told Chelia about her situation, but there she was, going to get married to a man she used to love, instead of the one she loved at the moment.

She sighed and looked at herself once more blinking back the tears in her eyes.

After they were gone, she took another deep breath before she took her older brother Natsu's arm, resting herself to walk down the isle.

Mest stood at the end of the isle with a smile on his face. When Wendy arrived at the end of the isle, she tried to force a smile. She succeeded because he didn't notice it was fake.

The priest started the ceremony. Wendy didn't pay attention to it, she was too deep in thought about marrying Mest. He was a nice guy, but she didn't feel anything but sorrow standing there.

"Do you, Mest, take Wendy Marvell as your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked and Mest beamed. "I do." He said full of confidence. (A/N: sorry didn't know Mest's last name or if he even has one. I thought it was 'awfully wedded' instead of 'lawfully wedded' o.o)

"And do you, Wendy Marvell, take Mest as your lawfully wedded husband?" He said turning to Wendy. She gulped and started becoming nervous feeling everyone's gazes on her.

"I......" She started stopping herself. 'Do what your heart tells you.' She thought.

"I...... I c-can't." She said and heard several gasps. "What do you mean Wendy?" Mest asked his face full of hurt. "I'm sorry. I just don't feel, the spark." She said motioning her hand back and forth between them.