Once Upon A Lie

A/N: *Dodges many rocks and sticks* Sorry! Sorry! I know I haven't updated in like..... months...... but I'm going to boost it up to 100 parts before I finish it off! My goal is to do so before the end of August (which is the anniversary of posting my first book here on Wattpad XD) Anyway this title has really been bugging me so I tried it out! On with the story~

Wendy Marvell, a young princess, was tired of having her life planned out for her. She made no decisions on her own, and it would stay that way. Her entire life was a lie. Every cell in her body were composed of lies. The way she acted outside the castle - or even inside - the castle walls were not how she wanted to act at all. She didn't want to be jubilant yet reserved, happy yet mature; she wanted to enjoy the little time she had. Life was too short to act this way; yet she was glad it was. It meant she would be able to leave that pathetic and miserable 'life' she had.

She ran through the palace gates, knowing that her only solace would be found in the little garden only she knew about. Her parents had just announced to her that she would meet her future husband, and that she'd 'fall in love with him inevitably'. 

Another lie. She thought, adding it to the seemingly never ending list. She remembered how she used to be shy; she wasn't allowed to be shy. She remembered how she was clumsy; she wasn't allowed to be clumsy, either. Her parents were never pleased with her personality. She had to be perfect. Apparently marrying a 'handsome prince' was a consequence of being a so called 'perfect' princess. Treacherous lies. Even my personality is a lie. 

She stopped, her lungs burning with effort. She had reached the garden at last. However as she walked in, she saw someone standing there. He didn't wear elegent garnments, and his dark hair was tousled. Her eyes widened. She didn't believe it. He had been sent off by her parents because she couldn't fall in love, either. It isn't proper, her mother had said, but there he stood; her childhood love. 

"Ah, Wendy." He said and her eyes widened as she froze on the spot. He gave her a sad smile. "I came by to say hello." He said and her heart started beating faster. How could it be? Why had he come now? When she was already promised to another?

Tears burned her eyes and she blinked them away. She gave a tight, remorseful smile. "How are you this fine evening?" She couldn't cry. Conceal your emotions. You can't rule while having them in your heart. It'll make people direspect you because you're weak. Her parents' teachings didn't seem right; but it's what she learned. 

He gave a low chuckle. "I'm doing fine, Wendy. I heard of the engagement, so I came by to say goodbye before I slowly fade." He said and her eyes. The last time he left, he hadn't even had the chance to say goodbye. 

"So....... Goodbye, Wen - Your Highness." He bowed and walked passed her, while she stood there with wide eyes. The only person who had ever truly cared about her, he was gone. He would become just another face in the sea of servants attending to all of her needs. She put a hand to her mouth, letting the tears fall from her eyes. She squeezed her eyes shut, as if to block out the tears; but the dam had already been broken. 

Goodbye, Romeo. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wendy stood at the altar in a long white gown, and she would have looked stunning if she had a smile on her face. She looked too regal, too tight for a wedding. Even my love's a lie. She thought, her eyes flashing to Romeo's face amongst the crowd. He was wearing a crisp suit with white gloves like the rest of the butlers, and she knew he was watching. 

She closed her eyes as tears brimmed her eyes. It seemed the least happy people were the two everyone had come to celebrate. They had duties that they needed to carry; a ruler's heart could not be wavered by lingering emotions. They had bid their farewells; nothing could change that now. 

The two came in as strangers, and walked out a prince and his princess. It should have made her happy, after all it was her wedding day, but the frown still lingered on her lips. Emotions must not make me waver. I am a princess. 

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One night, the two were sitting in a room silently. Neither of them wanted to talk. "Would you like some tea, Your Majesties?" A voice asked and she looked away as she saw the boy she'd once loved, bowing in a crisp suit that did not suit his natural demeanor at all. "Yes, thank you." He'd become just another face, one  that couldn't - shouldn't - hold any meaning to her. 

"Goodbye." She whispered, only for him to hear. He walked off without another word and returned with the tea. 

Her eyes were dull, and she was breathing, but she was not alive

My life is a lie. 

A/N: Did this give anyone else the feels? For me it did. I looked up the title of this just for fun, and saw that there was already another book in which I'd never even heard of with the same title. And here I was thinking it was original. *Sigh* Oh well. I hoped you guys liked this one!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

~Strawberry-chan