Christmas Date

Christmas...... Everybody is always saying just how amazing it is. Funny that Romeo never thought that. He would soon come to learn that Christmas was going to become the day of the year that he loved the most............

                                                                                           ***********

Natsu had dragged his young friend to an auction with the purpose of trying to make him happier. The once happy and cheerful Romeo was dead inside of the boy, and Natsu started worrying for him. Being like an older brother, he thought that maybe if he had a good date that he might become happy again.

So that was where they were..... A date auction. Romeo looked around in complete boredom, while Natsu was texting his girlfriend. L...... Lisanna?

He shook his head. No, it was Lu..... Lucy! He snapped his fingers making many other people stare his way. The twenty-two year old sunk in his chair from embarrassment.

"Natsu, for the last time, can we please leave? I don't want to pay to get a date." He begged, his onyx eyes even more bored. "No! They're going to draw the names for each girl, and I'm paying, remember? So just relax and have fun!" He chuckled and Romeo rolled his eyes before closing them. Whatever.... He thought, before a loud voice boomed through the speakers. He flinched at the loud sound and opened his eyes .

"Welcome! I'd like to thank all you gentlemen that have chosen to attend to today's charity draw! All of the funds we have received will go towards the children's hospital so they can ensure better care and guarantee of success! All of the good-hearted women that will be brought out are here to help with no pay! Now let me tell you how tonight will work out; all of you have paid 1000$ to enter here, and I will draw a name from this large bowl, and the woman that is on stage at that time will be that person's date, and if you aren't content with the girl you have, you can feel free to stay seated and I'll pick another name! Now let me introduce you to all of these lovely woman!" He shouted although everyone could hear him without him having the need to shout.

"Now, the lovely Erza!" He shouted and pulled out a name. A guy named 'Jellal' won, and he seemed rather embarrassed when he had to go onto the stage. Everyone clapped.

"Now, lovely Lucy!" He shouted and Natsu spit out his drink at the sight of his girlfriend all pampered up and smiling charmingly. Natsu's name was called up and he went up and they eyed each other suspiciously before laughing slightly at themselves.

The names went on and on and on..... Romeo was getting extremely bored. "Now, adorable Wendy!" He shouted and a small bluenette with long blue hair and  big brown eyes that were watery from tears. He is saying 'Now' way too much. Romeo groaned. She managed a butchered smile and Romeo felt pity for the girl. She must have stage fright. "The lucky man is..... Romeo Conbolt!" His eyes widened and he was going to stay seated but Natsu shoved him off the seat making him stand up. He glared at the pinkette before feeling the warm light of the spotlight on him. He gulped and walked up to the stage and shook hands with the girl before going back to his seat.

The rest of the draw went by in a blur, as all Romeo could think about was the girl, Wendy......

                                                                                    **********

Romeo paced in his living room, preparing to go on a date with Wendy. He had to leave to pick her up at her house in few minutes. He looked at his outfit in the mirror. Red blouse, black trousers, black dress pants, slightly ruffled black hair, he nodded and took a deep breath before making sure his breath didn't smell bad and then he slipped on his coat and walked out of his apartment and entering his car.

Wendy answered the door merely seconds after he had rang the doorbell, and she too looked anxious.

She wore a white dress that had long sleeves making a V on her hands that reached the ground with a star at the slight V neck. Her hair was tied into a high ponytail, and she wore the palest shade of sparkly white on her eyes and a red lipstick. He was feeling even more nervous. She slipped on her small coat and walked out. He showed her to his car and they got in, and made their way to the restaurant that they would be spending their date.

  And that, my friends, is how Romeo found the Christmas and became cheerful again. Two years later, Wendy and Romeo got married, on December 25th.

A/N: Yo! How's it going? I'm sorry for not updating, but since it's almost December already, all of my updates for this will be based during Christmas, since, well, I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I'm really blocked on everything and I'm sorry if it sucked. ;(

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

~ Strawberry-chan