Chapter 22: Shower

1 Months Later..

XO POV

I was now 7 months pregnant and officially huge. Now the girls were begging for them to let them hold a baby shower for me. 

I came home and slipped off my shoes, slowly waddling to the couch where Ronny was. "Hey Xo, how's my two favorite girls?" He asked. 

I smiled "Good, but my feet are exhausted and the girls keep bugging me. They want to throw me a baby shower." I said. 

He took my feet on his lap and gently started rubbing them, "Well I can help out with the first thing, and as for the baby shower, why not?" He asked curiously. 

"I just,  I don't know,' I sighed. 

He nudged me gently, "Why?" He prodded. "I just feel awkward having a party thrown for me and giving me presents." I said. "

Well think about it as presents for the baby, money we don't have to spend ourselves." I suggested. 

"Okay, I'll tell them it's a go." I said. 

I turned on the television when suddenly he asked, "What would you say about inviting my parents to the shower?" I turned the television off. 

"What?" I asked him. 

"Maybe we could invite-' 

"I heard you." I interrupted. 

"Xo c'mon, they are my parents. Maybe once they see you again this will really hit them. They're going to have a granddaughter soon." He offered. 

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, only cause I love you, and they gave me you so they must not be so bad." I said. Ronny leaned over and kissed my cheek, running fingers through my hair. 

---BREAK---

RONNY POV

The next day after talking more with Xo, I had the information for the baby show, I headed over to my parent's house. I was a little nervous, I really wanted them to come and give Xo another chance, but I had no idea if they would. 

When I walked into the door, I heard my mother coming. "Ronald! I didn't expect you here!" She greeted me warmly. 

"Hey mom." I said. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked as we headed into the kitchen. I took a deep breath and a seat at the kitchen stool. 

"I was here to ask you and Dad something." I said. 

"I was wondering if you and Dad would come to Xo's baby shower this week?" I asked nervously. 

She didn't look up for an uncomfortable minute. "Ronny, " She started slowly. 

"Mom, c'mon, please." I begged. 

"I don't know, this really isn't what we wanted for you. To knock some random girl up and you support her." I could feel anger boil in me. 

"Okay mom, first of all Dad likes Xo so don't include him in your snobby opinions. Second of all that's my girlfriend so don't call her 'random' or imply that she is living off me for support." I snapped. I then continued, "Also she makes about ten times more than me. I'm a bartender for fucks sake Mom! I don't know why you are so rude to Xo and make it seem like I'm way to good for her, because in reality it's her who is too good for me. If you don't stop acting like this towards her then I don't want you in my or the baby's life. I'll invite Dad later." I said, quickly walking out the door and slamming it. 

XO POV

Saturday finally came, and it was time for the baby shower. I put on a hot pink dress with a flowy bottom and curled my hair. The shower was being held at a restaurant downtown, so Ronny and I drove down there together. Ronny seemed tense, he gripped the steering wheel tightly and was silently. "Are you okay?" I asked gently. 

"Yeah I'm fine." He said shortly. 

"Are you sure? Ronny you know you can talk to me about everything." I nudged him. 

He sighed, "Okay it's my parents, more so my Mother. I went to invite her to the shower a few days ago and her feelings on everything hadn't really changed. I just really wanted her to be here today." He said. 

I gave him a sympathetic smile, "I'm sorry hun. At least your Dad is coming. Maybe your Mom will surprise you." I told him optimistically, hoping her wouldn't get his hopes up. 

When we got to the party I was very surprised by how much work was put into this shower. The restaurant was covered in pink streamers, balloons, and duck cartoons. White plastic table cloths with pink napkins. My friends turned around when I walked in, "Xo!" They cheered. 

I hugged them all. "Thank you so much for this! You are amazing!" I thanked them appreciatively.

"Anything for our future goddaughter." Stacey said happily. 

When all my other friends arrived, the party got started. First we played a baby game and then ate some food. Ursula had picked up a pink cake with pink dyed vanilla frosting and pink dyed cake. They next wanted to open presents so they had Ronny and I sit in the middle of the circle. As we opened presents, Ronny started to lighten up and smile. As I looked up I saw Gerald and Liza standing at the doorway. She looked nervous and Gerald looked happy to be there. I nudged Ronny, and he looked up. 

His face blanked, and I leaned in his ear, "Hey she came," I whispered. We excused ourselves and walked over to them. 

"Hi I'm glad you could come." I said politely. 

Gerald smiled, "We wouldn't miss a celebration for you, Ron, or our granddaughter. Congratulations." He told me, giving me a friendly hug. He then hugged Ronny and things were quiet. 

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Ronny asked. I pinched him but he ignored me. 

"I may have been rude, I'm sorry for that Ronny. You're my son and this will be my granddaughter. I don't want to miss out just because this is different than what I thought." She apologized, then turned to me. "Xo, I am so sorry for the rude things I have said to you, it was unfair and I am sorry. Could we start over?" She asked. 

I smiled and nodded, "I would like that." I said with a smile.