Chapter 12: Tension

RONNY POV

I couldn't deny the sinking hard feeling in my stomach when I watched Xo walk out that door to Warner. I couldn't believe she was going on a date, especially with that turd. Before I knew it, I was sending Xo a text. 'Ronny: Does he know?' and then Xo quickly replied, 'Xo: Yes. And he's fine with it.' After reading that text I felt some nauseous feeling, that I might lose her. 

TWO WEEKS LATER..........

XO POV

I was still going out with Warner and I really liked him. He was funny and easy to talk to, sure he wasn't the brightest bulb and he liked looking at other women, but he was nice. Ronny and I saw each other at the baby sale but things felt awkward. There was this tension among us and I didn't know why. By dating Warner I was basically saying that he could go out too. 

I was just five months pregnant now and I had another appointment. My stomach was finally starting to swell now, but thanks to Stacey, I had some nice looking clothes that fit me. Ronny picked me up as usual and we drove in awkward silence. 

Arriving at the doctors office we were close to being late so we got in right away. 

Everything looked fine and the baby was healthy. I headed out to his car with Ronny following behind. We hadn't talked since we got into the office and since we got out. Silence continued all the way back home until we were about ten minutes away from my apartment. I was just playing on my phone when Ronny broke the silence. "Texting Warner?" He asked in a taunting tone. "Not that it's any of your business Ronny but no." I said tightly. He shook his head, "I have no clue why you are going out with that idiot." He snickered. "Ronny  shut up. That's my boyfriend and besides it's really none of your concern who I go out with." I said angrily. "Well the fact that you're having my child, I think it's fair that I have a say in who my child hangs around with." He said evenly. 

I was starting to get really annoyed at this moment, luckily we had reached my apartment. "Ronny, first of all, she isn't going to be here for another 4 months, and second of all why do you hate Warner so much? Why is me going out with him such a big deal?" I screamed out frustratedly. I couldn't stand being in the car any longer, so I opened the door, "Ronny I'm done for today, I don't know what has bit you in the ass lately but I'm getting tired of it." I said and slammed the car door, running up to my apartment. 

RONNY POV

I couldn't stand the thought of Xo seeing someone else, but I don't know why I was being such a dick to her. After she left the car I couldn't believe what had just happened. I punched my steering wheel angrily, "Fuck!" I screamed, running my hands through my hair. I stopped my car and got out, and luckily the apartment guard recognized me and let me in. 

I sprinted up the stair and knocked hard on her door. Xo opened the door and her face grew cold as she saw my face. "What do you want?" She asked me. "I couldn't leave things like that." I answered. Her face softened a bit, "Why do you hate Warner so much?" She asked again. "I sighed and rubbed my hands against my face. "It's not Warner in particular,' I started, "Then what is it?" She asked me, curiosity evident on her face. "It's-it's just I don't want you going out with anybody, anybody that isn't me." I finished, grabbing her face and kissing her strongly.