Chapter 13: Opening

XO POV

Ronny and I were arguing when he grabbed my face and kissed me. Fireworks boomed in my head, my lips felt electrified and on fire. Kissing Ronny this time was even better than that first night we were together, granted I was sober this time. His thumbs were gently stroking my cheeks, his lips hugging mine. 

Finally he broke apart, and I looked up at him. "Woah," I said, breathless. He smiled nervously. "I'm sorry. For being an ass." he said. "I'm really falling for you Xo." He whispered, still holding my face, his finger running over my dimples. I smiled, "I've liked you for a while." I admitted to him. "But Warner?" He asked me. I shrugged, "Warner is a nice guy for the most part, you know I was gonna tell you how I felt." I told him. His face crinkled curiously, "When?" Ronny asked. "About two weeks ago. I went to McQua's and then I saw you talking with some girl, and I froze. I didn't think you liked me back." I admitted, my voice shy. He looked down at his feet, and ran his hands through his hair. "Who wouldn't like you?" He asked me. I chuckled self-consciously, and suddenly I felt something in my stomach. I let out a tiny yelp and Ronny immediately looked concerned. "What's wrong?" He asked. "N-nothing, the baby just kicked." I replied. I took his large hand and placed it on my rounding stomach to where I felt her. His face transformed into amazement. "That's incredible," He said astonishingly. 

"I guess it's time I talk to Warner," I said. The mention of Warner flashed in a slight grimace on his face but he nodded. "Before I go, I wanted to ask if you'd like to go on an official date with me?" He asked politely. I smiled, "I would love that." He smiled, leaning in and kissing me on the forehead. "Great, I'll tell you the details later." He said before heading out. 

After he was gone I headed back into my apartment, closed the door and leaned against it. I let out a dreamy sigh, "Wow," I breathed. 

---BREAK---

The next day, I was officially broken up from Warner and Ronny had called me and asked me out for tonight. I was out at the store picking out something nice to wear for him. I enlisted the help of Stacey to pick out an outfit. "Your stomach is really starting to peak out, it's adorable." Stacey gushed. I smiled, "Yeah, it's cute until I turn into a basketball." I mutter and Stacey just laughs. 

RONNY POV

I was a nervous wreck as I walked up the steps to Xo's apartment. I was wearing a black suit with a grey shirt and had brushed my hair. I knocked nervously on the door and moment later Xo emerged at the door. She was wearing an emerald green maxi dress with a small black leather jacket. Her raven black hair was curled and her lips shined. I realized I was staring when she asked, "What?" Looking down at herself. "You look beautiful." I told her, and her smile lit up, her beautiful dimples deepened. 

I took her hand and led her outside to my car, opening the door for her. "So where to?" She asked me. I looked over at her and smiled, "It's a surprise." I told her.

---BREAK-----

After about fifteen minutes of driving, we arrived at our destination. I took Xo to a place called Chloe's Urban Paradise. The restaurant was beautiful; it had seats both inside and outside. "Have you ever been here?" I asked her. Xo shook her head, "Never." She replied. "My parents took me here for my 16th birthday, and I go here once in a while." I stated. Her face changed at the mention of my parents, but it didn't look like anger, but sadness. I walked her into the restaurant and put in my reservation, the two of us immediately getting let outside to the eating area. 

The night was warm, Malibu air pleasant and still. Chloe's overlooked the ocean and the outdoor seating was set under twinkling lights and exotic flowers. "This place is so beautiful," She said as we sat down. "I know right,' I agreed, 'I love it here and near the ocean." I said. 

"So tell me about you, I feel like there's so much for me to learn about you." I said, She fidgeted in her seat, "Let's start with you." She said.