Chapter 8: Apologies and Firsts

********TWO MONTHS LATER******

XO POV

I was about four and a half months pregnant and my little bump was surely growing. I only had a few pair of non-elastic pants that still fit me. Since I was always so tiny most people barely noticed unless they saw the roundness of my stomach, but to me I felt huge.

I pulled on a pair of stretch olive green jeggings and a denim shirt. I straightened my hair and then quickly headed out to the office. I headed to my office slowly, as my heels were pinching my feet, which had now expanded. "Ow, ow, ow" I cringed I made my way to my desk. Once I had reached the safety of my desk, I slowly took each shoe off, releasing the throbbing pain coming from my feet.

After my big vomit moment a few months back, the big advertising campaign for that company had soon began. Right now I was searching and recording their viewing and consuming demographics.

As I was busily working my phone buzzed with a text from Ronny. "Ronny: Hey, you want to meet me at the bar at like 6? We could grab a bite before that birth class you were talking about. " I smiled at how he remembered that. I quickly texted him back, "Xo: Yeah. That sounds awesome! See you at 6! :)"

----BREAK----

I got to McQua's around 5:50 so I just took a seat at the bar. I sat there playing on my phone when suddenly a voice spoke to me, "Can I get you anything, or are you just gonna sit in a bar alone for fun?" I looked up and saw a bartender with a charming smile grinning at me. I blushed, 

"Sorry, I was waiting for someone, who is supposed to be here at 6, I don't think I'll be here long enough to grab a drink." I replied politely. 

"Well it's 6:05." He said. 

"I'll just have a water then." I asked. 

"Just a water, at a bar?" He teased.

 I nodded, "Yep." I said. 

He grinned, "You got it." He then went to get my drink.

He came back shortly with my glass of water. "Mind if I keep you company? The place is dead. I'm Warner by the way." He greeted. 

"Xo." I replied back. 

"So, Xo, what's a beautiful girl like you doing in this place alone?" He asked smoothly. 

"I'm just waiting for a friend." I restated and he nodded as if he didn't believe me.

RONNY POV

"Thank you so much Ronny for coming over to help. These boxes are just too heavy for me." My Mom thanked me as I brought up a few heavy boxes to the attic. 

"It's no problem Mom." I replied, climbing down the attic ladder. 

"Would you like to go for some dinner? Your father says he could meet us at that little Italian Place down the street in like fifteen minutes." She asked me.

"I'd love to but I'm meeting Xo and I might just bar-SHIT!" I blurted once I looked at the clock. It was 6:45, I was supposed to meet her 45 minutes ago! 

"Sorry Mom I have to go!" I said quickly, heading out the door. I hopped into m car and zoomed off, driving way over the speed limit.

'Xo is gonna kill me.' I thought to myself. She was really looking forward to this class, plus when she hears I was out late because of my Mother who we hadn't talked about because of the anger since that dinner, she was going to be pissed.

About a half hour later I finally made it to the bar. I got in and immediately saw Xo sitting on a bar stool talking animatedly with the new bartender named Warner. Suddenly I felt uneasy, there was an uncontrollable pit in my stomach from watching the two that I couldn't explain. I walked in and made a beeline for Xo.

"I am so sorry I'm late." I started, interrupting whatever Warner was saying. 

Xo's glare could cut steel, "I'm sorry Warner for Ronny's incredibly rude interruption,' She started, not daring to break the glare on me. 'It was nice meeting you Warner, I hope to talk with you again, but I have to excuse myself. Goodnight." She said, abruptly standing up, walking right into my shoulder before storming off. 

I groaned and followed her quickly out the door. "Xo wait, c'mon. I said I was sorry!" I claimed as I followed behind her. 

Suddenly she stopped short and whipped around to face me. "I know I heard you back in there when you topped your ass-like behavior with being incredibly rude. You knew how important this class was to me!" She exclaimed angrily. 

"Xo please I am so sorry, I was helping my Mom out around the house and-" I was cut off by Xo, 

"Great, that's just great. Not only did you blow me off without notice, but you blew me off for your mother! The same lady who said this baby is a stupid mistake!" She yelled. 

"Xo I don't know what else I can do, I already said I was sorry. You're just mad so you won't forgive me so you can make me leave you alone and you can justify it with yourself." I said frustratedly. 

Her face grew cold, "That's really nice. Have a good night you asshole." She said stonily, turning on her heel and quickly getting into her car.

----BREAK-----

The next morning I woke up exhausted. I couldn't sleep because I felt so bad of how much of a jerk I was to Xo. I knew I had to make it up and apologize to her, so I went and bought her flowers and drove to her apartment. I called Stacey and told her the situation, and she agreed to buzz me up.

I quickly headed up the stairs to her apartment and knocked tentatively on her door. A second later the door slowly opened and there she stood, her hair down and unruly, gym shorts, and a t-shirt that had a small bump poking out. "Hey," She said quietly. 

"Hi," I replied back. 

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked. She nodded and stepped out of the door way and into the hallway. "Xo I am so sorry everything that happened last night. Being that without calling and then what I said, well that wasn't right, and I am truly sorry." I said sincerely, handing her the small bouquet of daisies in my hands. 

Xo took them with a smile. "Well thank you, this was nice and I forgive you but can you forgive me? I wanted to apologize for how I acted, I was a little too angry and I'm sorry for yelling at you, especially about your mother, I don't want you to feel like you have to hide when you see her from me. But most of all I want to say sorry for the fact that I push you away sometimes, I don't mean to do it, but I do it sometimes, it's always been easier for me. I'm sorry." She replied. 

"Hey, don't be sorry, but I forgive you." I said. 

"Do you want to come inside?" She asked, opening her door and I nodded, following behind her.