Chapter 10: Substitute

XO POV

I drove home quickly, my heart sunken into my stomach. Why would he like me? Just because we are having a kid together doesn't automatically mean he like me. He's a nice guy and the father, of course he's gonna help out. I had to get over my little crush, and just move on. 

Entering my apartment, the girls were waiting for me. Immediately seeing my face, Ursula broke the silence. "What happened?" Ursula asked concerned. 

"Well I went to go into the bar and there he was, flirting up a storm. I got to thinking, why was I so gung ho on telling him how I feel when I don't have a clue about how he feels! We're having a baby together, and that was basically my whole evidence of his feelings. I don't want to make things awkward with him if he doesn't feel the same way. I don't.. I don't want to trap him more than I already have." I finish, looking down at my hands. 

"What do you mean by "trapping" him?" Stacey asked me. 

"Well his life is already changed by the baby." I said indifferently with a shrug. 

"Xo, no." She said seriously, schooching over closer to me. "You didn't trap him. There was both of you there. The baby is both your child. Don't feel like any of this is your fault." She told me seriously, Fiona and Ursula both nodded in agreement. 

"Hey if he can go out and flirt, so can you." Fiona said. 'If he doesn't want in with you, then why don't you go looking yourself." She added.  Ever since I had gotten pregnant, all thoughts of dating had gone out the window. I was so focused on the fact that I was pregnant that I hadn't even thought about dating lately.

"You're right." I said, determination setting into my voice and thoughts. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. My bump though noticeable, wasn't too big yet, I was ready. "I am ready, so ready to start looking around. Thank you Fi, Stace, and Ursula. You've helped me greatly. Tomorrow night, we are going out, and I am getting a guy." I said, ready for something new. 

---BREAK----

The next night I made myself completely ready to go out. I straightened my hair, then I put on a pair of (stretchy!) leathery leggings, black high heels with gold spikes despite my screaming feet, and a flowy, red top. I finished my look with mascara and winged eyeliner, feeling good. 

When I got out of my bedroom, Stacey was exiting hers at the same time. "Wow, Xo, you are a hot mama!" Stacey complimented me, taking in my whole outfit. 

I smiled, "Really? Not too much? I don't look frumpy?" I asked nervously. 

She shook her head, "Not at all. You look amazing." She complimented. 

I smiled, "Okay, thanks Stace, let's do this." I said excitedly. 

I drove to the club seeing as I was designated driver by force. I walked in, a flashback of last time I was here hitting me full force. "Forget about him." Stacey whispered in my ear. I nodded and took a deep breath. The music was blaring, it was dark, and my feet killed already, yet I was feeling excited and happy to be there. 

By complete destiny, I caught someone familiar. Warner, Ronny's coworker was standing by the bar, drinking a beer. I casually walked over and slid behind him. "Funny seeing you here." I called to him, causing Warner to jump and turn around to face me. 

A smile graced his face, "Hey Xo, good to see you!" He greeted me. "Where's Ronny?" He asked, probably assuming he was my boyfriend. 

"I don't know, we're not together." I replied back with a smirk. 

He looked pleased, "Do you want to dance?" He asked me. 

My dimples deepened, "I thought you'd never ask." I replied boldly. He then took my hand and led me to the floor. 

We walked to the center, and one of my favorite songs came on. "I love this song!" I yelled to him over the speakers, and he smiled. Warner and I just went crazy on the floor, dancing our hearts our, shaking our bodies, I felt really good. I was getting hot and sweaty and was really having fun with Warner. 

"You want to go somewhere quiet?" He asked me and I just nodded, letting him lead me out of the club.