Chapter 3: Tests

XO POV

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed at the realization that I was really late for my period. 

Noticing the panic on my face, Stacey quickly said, "Don't freak out just yet. It could be anything. The only way we'll know for sure is if you take a pregnancy test." 

I took a deep breath, "You're right, it could be anything. I'm probably not even pregnant. I just need to get one of those tests." I said, trying to reassure myself, but unconvincingly.

 "You stay here, I'll just run out to the pharmacy and pick up a couple of tests. I'll be back in a flash." She promised and threw on a pair of boots and grabbed her bag.

I waited anxiously on Stacey's bed, sorting through possible things that it could be. The effort turned to be useless as my subconscious kept bringing me back to pregnant. After what seemed like an eternity, I heard the front door open and Stacey call out, "Xo, I got a few." I slowly walked out of her room and into the living room where Stacey was taking the boxes out of the bag and setting them on the table. 

"I can't believe this is happening." I said, picking up a box and looking at it. 

Stacey gave me a sympathetic look, "Hey, it's gonna be okay. We're in this together. In fact, I think you need all your girls. I'm gonna call Ursula and Fiona. Why don't you just read the directions and stuff." She said, picking up her phone.

I went to the bathroom and took my first test and came out to wait and found Fiona and Ursula had already arrived. "Hey guys. Thanks for coming, I know it's stupid, but I feel a little bit better just having you here." I admitted and the three girls went over and hugged me tight. 

"It's not stupid,' Ursula said, 'We're best friends, and we're always going to be there for each other." She said sincerely.

After all the tests were done, we all waited for the last one to be up for time. We grabbed each other's hands and looked at all four tests I took. Once I saw them, I felt my heart sink; smiley faces, plus signs, yes, and pink marks filled my eyesight, which told us all one thing. I was pregnant.

"Oh my god, oh my god oh my god!" I blurted in a panicked voice. I started pacing furiously across the floor. 

"Xo, calm down it's gonna be okay." Fiona attempted, and I just halted. 

"Okay? It's gonna be okay? Did we not just all see the positive tests? It says I'm pregnant. PREGNANT! WITH A CHILD!" I stated nervously.

 "What are you gonna do?" Stacey asked, and we all turned to her. It was the question we were all thinking but didn't want to say it aloud. 

"I-I don't know." I admitted honestly. The girls just gave me a pitied sigh and hugged me again.

The next morning I called out of work because I wasn't in the mindset to handle work and my news. I walked into the kitchen where Stacey was drinking a cup of coffee. "Hey. How you doing?" She asked gently. I just grunted and tied my long jet-black hair up into a messy bun.

She looked at me and watched me as I sat down on a stool next to her. 

"What the hell am I going to do Stace?" I asked with a sigh. She patted my hand gently, 

"I don't know babe, but whatever you decide we will all be there to back you up." She said supportively.

Silence set upon us when she finally spoke, "Are you going to tell the father?" She asked me. I slapped my hand to my face, I had completely forgot about the father, Ronny. "I guess I have to huh?" I stated, and she nodded slowly. "I need to process this a little more first, but I'll do it eventually. " I promised her. I made myself some toast and then Stacey left for work. I took the alone time to do some research. I fired up my laptop and looked up pregnancy, I also turned on some baby shows.

Stretching, swelling, mood swings, hormone, pain, labor; I was horrified. I called my doctor, knowing that real perspective was going to help me.

A few hours later I was waiting in the doctor's office, surrounded by other women, some huge, others not, some with partners, and a few were alone just like me. The air was cool and stagnant, glossy posters of smiling people were plastered everywhere. A few minutes later Dr. Penny came out and called for me. Dr. Penny was young, she was about 32 with a short bob style haircut and had beautiful green eyes. She had been my doctor for a while and I was very comfortable around her.

She led me into one of the exam rooms and had me sit up on the table. "How have you been?" She asked me as she pulled on a pair of latex gloves. 

I ran my fingers through my hair, "I had been good lately until I vomited all over a potted plant and took 4 pregnancy tests that turned positive." I answered. 

She quickly jotted down some notes on a pad of paper, "Okay, so when and what signs did you have that led you to take the tests?" She asked me. 

"Well about 2 1/2 weeks ago I woke up and felt super nauseous but I just ignored it. Then I tried to put on this skirt that I always wear and it was really tight and I felt all bloated. I continued to feel nauseous and sensitive to scents. I then got over the nausea and had intense hunger and a craving. Then yesterday I felt nauseous and vomited everywhere." I explained. 

She nodded and wrote that information down, "When was your last period?" She asked, 

"Almost two months ago." I replied. After that she was silent and wrote down a bunch of things. "So from what I've heard so far, pregnancy definitely seems to be the answer, but I'd like to do the test." She instructed.

---BREAK-----

I let out a a tiny shriek when I got back into my car. It was official, medically official. I was pregnant. I pulled out of the parking lot back and headed back to the apartment. Slowly I trudged up the stairs and unlocked the door. Stacey was in the kitchen chopping some vegetables when I got in. "Hey!" She answered cheerfully.

 "Hey," I mumbled weekly, dropping my bag and kicking off my shoes. 

I walked in the kitchen and took a seat at the kitchen island. "Where were you? I thought you took the day off," She asked. 

"I went to the doctors." I answered quietly. Her eyes shot up at me, her face both concerned and curious. I answered what she was thinking, 

"I needed one more official confirmation." I answered sadly. She just patted my shoulder and went back to cutting her food. 

"Hey so today Fiona called me and guess what, so she and a couple of coworkers went to McQua's for lunch and Ronny was there working," I looked up, nervous to where this story was going. She continued, "And Ronny pulled her aside and asked about you!" She said excitedly, like she was giving me the best news ever. Instead I could feel my heart rate go up and my face blanche. 

"Did Fi say anything to him?" I asked anxiously. 

"No of course not Xo. He asked about you cause he is interested in you, and wants to take you out." She explained.

 "Well I'm not really interested in dating right now, I can't see him." I said quickly. 

"Xo, you have to tell him. He's the father, the baby is half his." She pointed out. 

I was getting frustrated, "Okay, I've had enough for now. I need to just go to my room for a while." I said. 

As annoyed as I was, I knew Stacey was right, I needed to tell Ronny, and soon.