Chapter 9: What's There?

XO POV

The next day I had another doctor's appointment, the day I was going to find out the sex of the baby. Ronny and I were really excited, the fact that we were having a baby though we were complete strangers was surprise enough so we both agreed on finding out the gender. I wore black leggings and a baggy sweatshirt, tying my wavy hair into a ponytail. 

I headed down the stairs and hopped into Ronny's car. "Are you excited?" I asked him as he pulled onto the road. 

He smiled, "I am, it's gonna be really cool." He answered. 

"What are you hoping its gonna be?" I asked him, nervous that he would be disappointed. 

"I'm happy either way. I know it wasn't planned but I think having a child is going to be a great adventure and I'll be happy either way." He said genuinely, causing my baby hormones to make me teary eyed at his reply. 

We pulled into the parking lot, and I could barely contain my excitement. We headed in and quickly got ushered into the room. Dr. Penny came in almost right away. She had a smile on her face, "Are we ready to see your baby?" She asked and we nodded. "So you two are still agreed on finding out the sex?" She asked us for confirmation, and the two of us nodded eagerly. She chuckled, "Okay, let's get started." She said. 

I rolled up my shirt and she squirted the cold gel onto my bump. She started moving the wand around and we watched the tiny screen intensely. After Dr. Penny stared at the screen she turned to us. "Xo, Ronny, here is your little girl." She said with a smile. The baby was a girl. I was having a daughter. My heart started rapidly beating with joy. I turned to Ronny and he was smiling widely. 

"Exactly what I wanted." He whispered. And it was at that moment I noticed we were holding hands tightly. My eyes were brimming with happy tears and he smiled, kissing me on the temple. 

-----BREAK----

After the appointment Ronny dropped me off because he had an afternoon shift. "See you later Ron." I said with a smile. "Bye Xo, I'll talk to you later." He waved before driving off. When I got into the apartment Stacey, Ursula, and Fiona were waiting for me, they all knew it was the big reveal day. 

I walked in slowly, my face completely blank. The girls looked ready to burst so I let them out of their misery. "IT'S A GIRL!" I shouted happily, a squeal of happiness coming from all three of them. 

They all hugged me tightly, shouting happily and saying things like, "I'm going to spoil her rotten!" and "She has the coolest aunts ever!" I smiled and laughed happily. 

We all decided to order pizza, my current craving, and discuss everything that was going on. I took a gooey piece from the box and dug right in. "So how are things with Ronny?" Ursula asked. 

"Good,' I replied with a mouth of pizza, 'He's really excited that's a girl and he is so great." I gushed. 

"Do you think anything is gonna happen between you two?" She asked and that made me think. 

Before I could answer, Stacey piped in, "Do you want something to happen between you two? Do you like him?" She asked. 

I immediately thought about him, how he made me feel, how he constantly made me laugh and feel okay about everything. Just thinking about him made me all warm inside. "Yes. I really like him. He makes me happy and warm inside. I want something to happen but I don't know how to get it to happen." I admitted. 

"You have to do something tonight." Fiona urged. "What is he doing right now?" She asked. 

"Working." I answered. 

"Go visit him and tell him how you feel!" Ursula encouraged. 

The other two nodded in agreement. "Fine, I'll do it, I just want to get changed into something nice for him first." I said.

---BREAK----

 I drove to the bar, with a cute lilac dress on and my hair curled. I was ready to take the leap and tell him how I felt, hoping he would feel the same way. I headed to the entrance when something stopped me dead in my tracks. Through the window I could see him, he was chatting animatedly and closely with some beautiful blonde girl. They were laughing and talking closely, definitely flirting. My heart dropped to my stomach. I could feel my body shake slowly with sadness. 

And in that moment, I slowly turned around and went home.