Chapter 10

Althea's POV

"Good.Are you doing anything this weekend?"

"Yeah."

"Can I come?"the girl asked.She's so flirty,she better get her hands off before...nevermind.

"Sorry,it's a boys night out kinda thing."Boys night out?I thought he was going to visit his mom's grave?So he just made everything up so I'll do everything?Ugh!He never changed!

"Oh,that's fine."I went up to them and called his name.

"David,"right when he turned,I slapped him.I then walked away going to my next class.

"Althea,"Andre called.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?I've been calling you."

"You were?Sorry,I didn't hear,it's too loud in here."I forced a laugh.

"Thea,we're the only ones here.What's wrong?"I hugged him.

"David lied to me,he told me to do the project for him because he was going to visit his mom's grave.But all he's doing this weekend is hanging out with his friends.He made me pity him."I told him bawling.

"Shh,you'll be fine.I'll help you with the project.Do you want me to get revenge?"

"No,it's fine.Let's just leave him alone."I said sniffling.

"Okay,if that's what you want.Now stop crying."he wiped my tears with his thumb.

David's POV

I tried following her to explain but I stopped walking when I saw her talking to Andre.I should be the one comforting her.This is all my fault,I hate seeing her cry.That's all I do,make her cry.She already hates me and I'm making things worst.Okay,I admit,I'm tired of us fighting.I just want to be friends with her but she won't notice me unless I start a fight with her.I went back to my group and we filmed our short movie.

"David,"

"David,"

"Huh?"

"How was that?"Olivia asked.

"How was what?"I asked snapping out of my thoughts about Althea.

"The scene."

"Oh,I didn't get to record it,can we start over please?Sorry."

"David,focus!"

"Sorry."We filmed the scene but I still couldn't concentrate.All I can think about was Althea.I feel guilty for hurting her again.I finished class and went to my last one for the day.Unfortunately,we have the same class.Again.I have 3 classes with her.I gave my classmates high fives as I walked in the room before sitting down.The teacher gave us a lesson but I wasn't really paying attention.From time to time,I would steal glances at her.Her eyes are swollen from crying.Think David,think.I got a piece of paper out and wrote a note in it.I ripped it and asked my friend to pass it to her.

I looked away as soon as she took it.I heard someone ripping paper.I looked at her and she was got up and threw the paper away.What am I suppose to do now?How am I suppose to apologize when she's ignoring me?I sighed.

"Mr.Johnson,what did I just say?"Mr.Regan asked.

"Uh...that.."

"Detention."I slowly nodded.Now I actually have a reason to make her do the project.I saw her smiling.Finally,I made her smile.

"Would you like to join Mr.Johnson,Miss Jones?"she shook her head.

"Now,let's get back to business.You'll write a five paragraph assay of what I just talked about,dismissed."I sighed,more homework.I was about to talk to her when she handed me a stack of papers.